Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
363 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
149 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Mr. Springgy vs. Surf Rider 'Super'

Page 1 of 1

Both Belton Brick reverb pedals so they have the same kind of sound, an almost slapback-like decay, (which some people aren't keen on) and have a touch of pre-delay, which is ideal for using heavy amounts of overdrive or fuzz.

So...

Mr. Springgy decay is alot longer than the Super, almost like there is another subtle second decay circuit is kicking in over the top of the first. Has a nice atmospheric, ambient tone to it as a result. Has a really great buffer in it. Small footprint!

Super Surf is less atmospheric due to a shorter decay, even maxed out. Tone control is pretty good. Nails the Mr. Springgy at about noon. Less/darker is fairly useless, but the added treble is bright without being harsh. Level control is useful, rspecially since there's an internal trimpot to increase the volume of the first reverb so you can make that louder, then just dial the level back with the control.

Mr. Springgy has quite an "80's rack reverb" tone to it, which may not be for some. Very lush yet subtle. Super Surf's Res(decay) and Depth controls don't have a huge range to them. The new, second reverb may be pointless for most. It's like a second, purely wet reverb put on top afew milliseconds after the first.

Overall, I'd suggest the Mr.Springgy if you play way more clean and slow. Maybe go for the Super if you're after a more 'physical' spring tank kind of sound and/or louder/extreme reverb.

I think that's it. I wish the Super had the longer decay of the Mr.Springgy, then it'd be perfect, but now it's a hard choice which one to keep! Argh

Got the Mr.Springgy from Lee Jackson's ebay store, and the Super Surf Rider from ProGuitarShop.

where did you find these stompboxes ? it's difficult to find infos on the Internet...

edit : sorry I misread your post

Monkey Ju

Pirato Ketchup
Facebook
Bandcamp

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012 13:20:06

Page 1 of 1