Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
322 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
169 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
116 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
4 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink Deke's 9th annual Guitar Geek Fest. Fri. Sat. Jan. 20th,21st. (So. Cal.)

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

The 9th Annual Guitar Geek Festival: January 20-21, 2012
Friday and Saturday: two different lineups, two separate tickets
Anaheim Plaza Hotel, Anaheim, CA
Free parking for concert attendees!
more info here:
http://www.dekedickerson.com/guitargeek/index.htm

please remember that the day after the Guitar Geek fest,
is the Winter Surf Fest.
http://surfguitar101.com/forums/topic/16977/

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012 14:42:11

The Saturday lineup with LSJ looks cool - this is during the week of the Winter NAMM show in Anaheim which I might be going to, if so I'll definitely get a ticket for Saturday!

Johnny see also this show, all surf, on Sunday.
http://surfguitar101.com/forums/topic/16977/
11 am to 7 pm

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011 22:05:25

Whoa, even better - guess I'll need to plan on staying an extra day. Thanks for the heads-up!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011 22:47:10

cool, I thought maybe you missed it,
if you come out for it, please say Hi.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

...Paul Gilbert?

Hot Summer Comes Again!
Let's Go Beach! Let's Go Beach!

Guitar shredding is very geeky in it's own way. He may even break out the power drill with the picks on it to celebrate the excessive wackiness that is the guitar Geek Festival. He had another "shredder" type before, and I understand it went over big.

bigtikidude wrote:

cool, I thought maybe you missed it,
if you come out for it, please say Hi.

Sure thing! I just hope my NAMM connection comes through for me again this year.

SpaceFargo wrote:

...Paul Gilbert?

Being that is the same weekend as the NAMM convention.
Deke has a shredder play every year.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I'll be there for the Saturday Guitar Geek show, and Sunday for the SG101 Winterfest. I'm totally geeked about it!

Bob

Bob

Would really like to see the Hellecasters. Have to work Saturday but hope to sneak away early enough to catch the whole thing.

I thought Guitar Zack was fantastic when he played this event two years ago. Absolute killer version of Red House, hope he plays it again. Trying to get some friends to tag along and hopefully get them to join me the next day at the surf fest as well.

get yer tix for this now,

--
and as a note,
the venue for the surf fest, the next day may move.
see that thread for updates

Jeff(bigtikidude)

who's going to this?
and what nights?

I'm thinking about Sat.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I have tix for both evenings

UNSTEADY FREDDIE

http://www.facebook.com/unsteady.freddie

I'm way to far away to go and don't want to be a hater but Paul Gilbert of Mr. Big headlines over Nokie? F@*k that! The amount of advertising his label throws around on him I'm suspicious if this is a pay to play payola situation? How does he headline a show over Nokie? Record sales? I seriously doubt he has sold more records than Nokie. It's working for his company I'm going to check out what he does on youtube after I post this. I only know the Mr. Big single. I've read so many articles about him and Billy and how great they are but they sound like hair metal dudes who missed their window and won't let go. I've read more interviews of the Big duo than any band I actually listen to. Never have they been compelling enough to get me interested. Billy in that lame suit in Premier guitar looked like paid for interview surely. A Interview equals a good and expensive press agent or real fan base interest. I think this is fishy in this setting. If his shred is interesting I will apologize for my baseless hater BS. Then again maybe he plays real late when everyone is half in the bag or went home and Nokie actually has the prime set time. Well if I haven't angered enough of you here goes. The Ventures are one of my favorite surf bands!

It reeks of hair with no place to go. He would be great at making soundtracks for the speed channel to sign off as a Lambo or Corvette cruise around. I wouldn't imagine a teenager throwing this on at a party like you could with a Ventures album. Nothing special. Virtuosity without editing equals a sensory dulling way to suck. He needs to grow that awful hair back or get a wig to hide his rock faces! www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxH_saKDHEI&feature=related Nice way to end a day and make everyone go home so they can set up for Saturday I guess?

I'll be there on Saturday.

Bob

Bob

RobbieReverb wrote:

I'll be there for the Saturday Guitar Geek show, and
Sunday for the SG101 Winterfest. I'm totally geeked
about it!

Bob

Bob-let's connect. I'm going to both shows too-AND the Vintage Guitar Show at the Orange County Fairgrounds. A couple of Reverend guys!

regarding Paul Gilbert playing at the Geek fest.

Deke said he likes to have a varied Guitar Geek Fest.
He has a different shredder every year.
and they usually get 15 to 20 min. in the middle of the show.

I am a old Metal head,
but to me, the shredder is always the worst part of the show.

oh by the way,
Ventures were a great band,
they were never a "surf band"
ask them.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

"oh by the way,
Ventures were a great band,
they were never a "surf band"
ask them."

That always cracks me up.

I don't mind a shredder playing there (I can't even go). Headlining over Nokie = lame.

Goto Page: 1 2 Next