Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
328 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
256 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
256 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
176 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
154 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
123 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
116 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
77 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
10 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
10 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink Danny Amis Cancels Shows Due to Illness

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5

update from DANNY AMIS' Facebook page, posted 8/20/10:

I appear to be responding well to my cancer treatments so far, although I know the worst treatment is yet to come. Thank you everyone for all your support. On a related note, please keep the great Dick Dale in your thoughts, he's in far worse shape than I am right now.

It also appears that his heart is working well!!

Unsteady Freddie

http://www.facebook.com/unsteady.freddie

I've been away for a while and this news never hit my personal radar screen until today. F^&$!#! cancer! I've lost two friends to it this year and I hate to imagine Danny Amis suffering. I was kidding around with him at the Deke-Geek event just a few months back.

Hang in bro!

For everyone else, please, PLEASE, get a colonoscopy when you turn 50 or sooner if you have any problems. While not pertinent to Danny's situation colon cancer is fairly common and very treatable if detected early. I lost two friends to colon cancer this year and another is fighting for her life. Getting scoped is no big deal and the peace of mind when the doctor says "see you in 10 years" is well worth the minor inconvenience.

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

Welcome back Synchro!
Good advice!
I have scheduled my pre-colonoscopy consult for September 24 and expect to have the procedure scheduled for shortly thereafter. I was scheduled 10 years ago, and for some reason-I can't remember what-the doctors office cancelled. I never "got around" to rescheduling, and now here it is 10 years later. Don't put it off guys!

With my family history, my doctor didn't want to wait til I turned 50 (12/5/09) and take any chances. In the past 6 years, I've had 2 colonoscopies already. As synchro said, there's no greater news than when the doc tells you're good to go and see you in 3-5 years. Peace mind is what it's all about.

elreydlp
Welcome back Synchro!
Good advice!
I have scheduled my pre-colonoscopy consult for September 24 and expect to have the procedure scheduled for shortly thereafter. I was scheduled 10 years ago, and for some reason-I can't remember what-the doctors office cancelled. I never "got around" to rescheduling, and now here it is 10 years later. Don't put it off guys!

Buy a few quarts of Gatorade to get you through the prep and it'll be a breeze. For anyone that has never had it done; there's nothing to it. You take a few pills to clean you out and wash them down with Gatorade. They put you out and you wake up a few minutes later, ready to face the next 10 years.

Any updates on Danny's condition?

Brendan
Any updates on Danny's condition?

I haven't found a word and I've looked all over the web.

I took Danny to lunch on October 23 2010. He was upbeat as one could possibly be, under the circumstances. My understanding is that he has health insurance in place now, and is getting the treatment he needs. He is of course a little weak, slow-paced, thinner, but facing this like a true champ. Showing me how to live my life thru his courage. BTW he posts updates on his Facebook page.

UNSTEADY FREDDIE

http://www.facebook.com/unsteady.freddie

UnsteadyFreddie
I took Danny to lunch on October 23 2010. He was upbeat as one could possibly be, under the circumstances. My understanding is that he has health insurance in place now, and is getting the treatment he needs. He is of course a little weak, slow-paced, thinner, but facing this like a true champ. Showing me how to live my life thru his courage. BTW he posts updates on his Facebook page.

UNSTEADY FREDDIE

Thanks for the update Freddie. All the best to Danny Amis.

God speed in getting well Danny!

Worrisome news about Danny Amis popped up on Instagram (posted by @DanMurphy725)

From past me to future you

While I'm no MD, I play a Nurse on TV. I've given a fair bit of chemo in my life. Not all chemo is the same. The drugs are much better and better understood these day as well as strategies for managing side effects. It doesn't have to be as bad as the movies can be (most of the time). Stay hydrated. Stay positive. Turn the negatives into positives whenever possible. If you do lose your hair...put on a bandanna-BOOM! you're a pirate! A pirate who has access to REVERB! Most chemo(not all)is better tolerated if given slowly. Sometimes, patients and nurses lose sight of that fact,trying to speed things along. Take your pre-meds as early as possible (at least a half hour prior to chemo) Ask your nurse. Listen to your nurse. Don't try to date your nurse. There's time for that later.

mj
bent playing for benter results
Do not attempt to adjust your TV set.
https://www.facebook.com/Bass-VI-Explorers-Club-179437279151035/
https://www.facebook.com/Lost-Planet-Shamen-366987463657230/

Cool

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019 14:18:45

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5