Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
319 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
246 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
246 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
166 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
145 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
113 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
107 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
68 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
16 hours ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
16 hours ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Suggestion Box »

Permalink Who thinks Brian should update the photo page

Page 1 of 1

Hey Brian , I'm not complaining. (maybe just whining a little) And I think I speak for all of us in saying that we appreciate all time and hard work you put in running and maintaining SG101. BUT the photo pages are dated. CAN I GET AN AMEN ? It would be cool to be able to upload random gig pics to a photo page. If it's a bandwidth thing, no problem....send the bill to Big Tiki Dude : )

1loudbass
Hey Brian , I'm not complaining. (maybe just whining a little) And I think I speak for all of us in saying that we appreciate all time and hard work you put in running and maintaining SG101. BUT the photo pages are dated. CAN I GET AN AMEN ? It would be cool to be able to upload random gig pics to a photo page. If it's a bandwidth thing, no problem....send the bill to Big Tiki Dude : )

Suggestions should probably go directly to Brian. I know he reads and answers 'em from personal experience.

The photos on the "Photos" page are photos that Brian or his Wife took. Which isn't a huge collection of photos. You can find more from the links in the photo page.

Thanks for the suggestion. Those photos are from the days when this site was just a static HTML site and I wanted to put up the photos my wife and I took on our surf travels. This was before sites like flickr.com, google photos, and other image hosting services were huge. I really can't hope to compete with those services these days, nor would I want to. I just don't have the time to scour the web and save, crop, and upload random band photos that other people took. I also haven't been to that many surf shows lately (I live in Iowa if you recall). Nowadays, I just post a link to my google photo galleries. I've got a category setup in the Web Links section for photo galleries. I urge everyone who has created an image gallery on the web somewhere to submit a link to the links database. That's probably the best and most time efficient way to get lots of photos out there in one place for people to look at.

http://surfguitar101.com/modules.php?name=Web_Links&l_op=viewlink&cid=11

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Moved to The Suggestion Box forum.

Oh I just read your post again Steve. Sorry. I missed the part about letting people upload photos. Embarassed

I'll think about adding a photo upload feature to SG101 2.0 if there is enough interest in that. There is some concern about letting everyone upload photos, and I'd have to get or write some software that would crop/resize the photos if needed, and then you'll want people to put comments or ratings on them, etc. etc. And those other photo hosting places all do that much better than I could. But like I said, if there is interest I'll consider it.

Thanks.

Thanks Brian , I also thought maybe the old "Photo of the day" pics could be posted there . So If someone (me) was to miss going on line for a day or two they could see what they missed. Just a thought .

Page 1 of 1