Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Well, I ordered a Mastery bridge...

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Last night. Seems the "waiting list" thing is a thing of the past. And did the price go down? I searched but didn't find anything but the last large post where folks were looking at a group deal, or going in on one and sharing it Laughing

Anything come of that? Any new user impressions since then? Will it work with the jag mute? Not that I have it installed now Twisted Evil

Gotta link to their site bro?

-Kyle

Beyond The Surf YouTube channel
Beyond The Surf Instagram
The Verbtones @ Instagram
The Verbtones @ Facebook
The Verbtones @ bandcamp

diceophonic

http://www.masterybridge.com/home.html

badash, let us know what you think of the bridge...
From what I've heard, the waiting list isn't bad at all right now. Maybe a week or two.

Ryan
The Secret Samurai Website
The Secret Samurai on Facebook

Ruhar

diceophonic

http://www.masterybridge.com/home.htmlbadash, let us know what you think of the bridge...
From what I've heard, the waiting list isn't bad at all right now. Maybe a week or two.

That's not a waiting list in my book... That's "processing and shipping" Cool

I ordered two recently. They arrived in less than a week.

Well worth the investment BTW. I'm using them in two AVRI Jazzmasters.

I've got one on order too...with any luck it will show up by tomorrow (I've heard of it recently taking less than a week for delivery) so I can get my guitar setup properly and try it out on Halloween.

Hopefully it will be everything it's supposed to be (haven't read a negative review yet) and will be the final piece to make my guitar the perfect Jazzmaster...report to follow...

I'm sooooooooooooo sick of #$%#ing with the stock JM bridge and saddles! Twisted Evil

PS: It says on the Masterybridge website it WON'T work w/ the mute or cover.

www.apollo4.com

SURFmole
I've got one on order too...with any luck it will show up by tomorrow (I've heard of it recently taking less than a week for delivery) so I can get my guitar setup properly and try it out on Halloween.

Hopefully it will be everything it's supposed to be (haven't read a negative review yet) and will be the final piece to make my guitar the perfect Jazzmaster...report to follow...

I'm sooooooooooooo sick of #$%#ing with the stock JM bridge and saddles! Twisted Evil

That's cool. I was just curious. It's not on there now so I'll just continue to not miss it Twisted Evil

Why I don't like Mastery?! OMG Suicide

Every word is like an unecessary stain on silence and nothingness.

You don't like Mastery because it causes you to commit suicide?

Not exactly!? I killed myself before someone else will "kill" me by saying this about Mastery! I'm just joking.... please, no hard feelings!

Every word is like an unecessary stain on silence and nothingness.

I still like the idea that the mastery bridge causes people to kill themselves. It brings me novel amusement during my work day.

A Mastery Bridge and a Buzz Stop will make a Jazzmaster sound almost as good as a Strat. High praise indeed!

SURFmole

Well there goes the idea of me ordering a Masterybridge bye bye Rolling Eyes I dig my "Fender Mute" Headbang U Jazzmaster players U you have it easy Laughing I kid Laughing

-Kyle

Beyond The Surf YouTube channel
Beyond The Surf Instagram
The Verbtones @ Instagram
The Verbtones @ Facebook
The Verbtones @ bandcamp

The bridge was ordered on Sunday...arrived and was installed on Thursday.

I'll post a detailed review when I have more time but in short, it's a HUGE improvement over any vintage or reissue bridge with any combination of aftermarket or stock saddles and/or buzzstop. My Jazzmaster actually has sustain now!! (less banjo more guitar).

The bridge isn't perfect (as with everything I could re-engineer or mod a couple of things to make it even better) but so far I'm really happy with it and think it's worth the $$ for the added sustain and tone. I want to mess with it for a couple more days and play a Halloween gig before making my final decision and posting a full review...

www.apollo4.com

I'd love to check it out at the Halloween gig if you'd be so kind. I really really really can't afford one right now, but I still want to buy one. I am looking for the less banjo more guitar thing myself. For the first time ever I'm not bringing any offsets to the gig. My ES-355 and Guild T-100 are making the trip this time.

You can definitely check it out!! It still has the quirky overtones of a Jazzmaster (sometimes when I play an open G it sounds like a 60's telephone is faintly ringing in the background Very Happy ) but has great sustain and playability. I 'think' it will be much more stable too...hopefully I won't have to tune-up between every song now.

Wow! No offset?? The Verb absolutely can't be considered "Surf" now... Laughing
I'm looking forward to hearing you guys; will you have your new CD with you or has it been mixed/manufactured yet?

www.apollo4.com

I don't know if we will ever be releasing the new album. We are discussing going in a new direction or becoming a new band altogether. Who knows how that is going to work out.

It is a shame though that we probably won't put out the CD. Perhaps I'll be able to make it a free download someday. I really do enjoy the album, some really nice songs to listen to on it.

Well it took exactly a week to get here. Installation was ridiculously simple. It really was just like the video online Rock

Making it jump through hoops right now. Only problem is I'm pissed because I put new strings on and the G is fucked Evil I have to bend it across the fingerboard to raise the pitch a half! Slidding off the top of the Fingerboard and It's a half! Suicide

I put a Mastery bridge on my Jazzmaster a month or so ago. I absolutely love it.
I never had problems with the original bridge as far as strings coming off. But I didn't like the shatp edges so I went with the Mastery bridge and I am very happy with it. I don't think it makes my Jazzmaster sound like a strat. The substain hasn't increased as far as I can tell. Same o'l thud thud sound to me.
Joel

Joelman
I put a Mastery bridge on my Jazzmaster a month or so ago. I absolutely love it.
I never had problems with the original bridge as far as strings coming off. But I didn't like the shatp edges so I went with the Mastery bridge and I am very happy with it. I don't think it makes my Jazzmaster sound like a strat. The substain hasn't increased as far as I can tell. Same o'l thud thud sound to me.
Joel

I will say that I always heard more sustain from my jazzy than my Jag. But the sustain on my jag with this thin, even with flats is through the roof!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 5 Next