Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Post your Mosrite Pics Here!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 Next

I started an earlier thread posting some pics of my Mosrite, So I thought it fit to have a thread for every one to share theirs as well!
So I'll Start it off!
Vintage 68' Mark I Mosrite

Here's mine, which sadly, I no longer own. It was a bit of a Frankenstein, but had one of the nicest necks you'd ever want to play.

Very nice, too bad you had to let this one go!

Beautiful guitars, both. It took a while for that shape to grow on me, but once it did...well, you can never see too many Mosrite pics, right?

It's great that your MkI looks completely original, Tonetti, and just the right amount of wear and tear. If I had one, I'd probably want to baby it, but this one looks like a real musician's guitar.

Does my custom built clones count?

If not, how about a '64 and a '66 to go with my clones. Wink

Danny Ellison aka dubtrub

I'll post this here again:

They are both japanese. Mark I '65 Ranger Vibramute, and a Ramones version (that they made before the actual Johnny Ramone signature model).

It's go-go, not cry-cry.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C-ojWHp1ek

Hey dub, what pickups are you using in your clones? I am monkeying around with different pickups in my Hallmark but have yet to find a pair that really knocks my socks off. The stock ones have way too much output and a very limited frequency response. They sound like Gibson P-90s. I've machined some special pick up covers that allow me to drop Strat type pickups in it but that still doesn't really blow me away either........ed

Traditional........speak softly and play through a big blonde amp. Did I mention that I still like big blonde amps?

eddiekatcher
Hey dub, what pickups are you using in your clones? I am monkeying around with different pickups in my Hallmark but have yet to find a pair that really knocks my socks off. The stock ones have way too much output and a very limited frequency response. They sound like Gibson P-90s. I've machined some special pick up covers that allow me to drop Strat type pickups in it but that still doesn't really blow me away either........ed

The candy apple red one has Hallmark's, the sunburst has Elliot Mosrite pickup's. The difference is day light to dark. Both sound great but the Hallmark's don't sound like a Mosrite. If you 've ever played an American made Mosrite and liked what you hear, I'd definitely recommend trying the Elliot Mosrite pups.

dubtrub
The candy apple red one has Hallmark's, the sunburst has Elliot Mosrite pickup's. The difference is day light to dark. Both sound great but the Hallmark's don't sound like a Mosrite. If you 've ever played an American made Mosrite and liked what you hear, I'd definitely recommend trying the Elliot Mosrite pups.

are the elliot pickups the same dimensions as the hallmark's?

This post has been removed by the author.

Cool pics ZAK, that Yamaha bass is pretty sweet too!

This post has been removed by the author.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009 20:02:46

My Mosrite Combo

The Exotic Guitar of Kahuna Kawentzmann

You can get the boy out of the Keynes era, but you can’t get the Keynes era out of the boy.

Had this Japanese model back in about '97 but sold it because I was a diehard offset Fender freak. Wish I had it now!

sidewalksurf

Yes! They are interchangeable. You can use the Hallmark rings with the Elliot Mosrite pups if the screw holes don't line up. On one of the pickups they matched perfectly the other two screws were slightly off, but worked with the screw at a slight angle. I just swapped rings.

dubtrub

sidewalksurf

Yes! They are interchangeable. You can use the Hallmark rings with the Elliot Mosrite pups if the screw holes don't line up. On one of the pickups they matched perfectly the other two screws were slightly off, but worked with the screw at a slight angle. I just swapped rings.

good to know. thanks.

1965 Mosrite Ventures s/n 2700 (Moseley trem), 100% original in pearl white with tortoise guard, reissue case.

It was a lovely old guitar, but I never cared for the way it sounded (very harsh pickups), and the neck was way to skinny for me. I sold it a couple of years ago.

Jack
aka WoodyJ

The Mariners (1964-68, 1996-2005)
The Hula Hounds (1996-current)
The X-Rays (1997-2004)
The Surge! (2004, 2011-2012)
Various non-surf bands that actually made money
(1978-1990)

Ventures Mosrite Bass on craigslist L.A.:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/msg/865733220.html

goob

Here are mine. On the right is a '66 Ventures model. On the left is my "Partsrite" VIII, assembled from leftovers after the factory shut down in 1993. The pickups are Elliots and the vibrato arm is from Hallmark, but everything else is factory Mosrite.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015 18:57:16

Goto Page: 1 2 3 Next