Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
363 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
149 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Belton reverb tank, better than Accutronics?

Page 1 of 1

Hey surfers! Anybody had a better experience with Belton replacement tanks than the usual Accutronics? I've heard they have a deeper reverb sound, but is the overall sound better? They are so cheap it seems too good to be true Confused

Also, which Belton model would replace the stock Accutronics tank in a Fender stand alone reverb unit?

dannylectro
They are so cheap it seems too good to be true Confused

It is (too good to be true). They suck IMO.

The big question is...why are you thinking of replacing the Accutronics in a Fender stand alone reverb unit? In other words, what improvement in sound are you looking for?

www.apollo4.com

It actually sounds just fine, but if there's a better tank out there I'm all for it! Aren't we all on the hunt for the "ultimate reverb" sound?

Get a vintage Gibbs reverb tank. Those are what were in the originals. Personally, I wouldn't replace the tank in my reverb unit. However, my Gibbs pan in my Super reverb is infinitely better than the accutronics replacement I had to use for a little while.

My only experience in the matter is the Ruby Tubes (Belton) can I put in a Blues Jr. It was worlds better sounding than the stock Accutronics can. Stock, the BJr is hardly a reverb king but this mod brought it a lot closer to the sound of the reverb on my Twin.

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

Tanks seem completely hit or miss these days. One new one will be great, the next tinny and harsh. The tank in my RI Fender reverb was that latter, so swapping tanks proved to be a good idea. I ended up with a medium delay accutronics, which I much prefer to the long delay tanks.

mad_dog
Tanks seem completely hit or miss these days. One new one will be great, the next tinny and harsh. The tank in my RI Fender reverb was that latter, so swapping tanks proved to be a good idea. I ended up with a medium delay accutronics, which I much prefer to the long delay tanks.

I have to admit that the long-delay can in my Blues Jr. sometimes seems to have delusions that it's an echo unit. Smile

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

Actually, I went not only with medium vs. long, but 3 spring instead of 2. Does your blues jr. have the two spring model? You might find the 3-spring version more lush, even at the same delay setting.

Page 1 of 1