Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink What are you drinking?

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

ColtsSurf
There's no fighting in the war room. Smile

IIRC, the line was: "You can't fight in here, this is the WAR room". Smile

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

CaptainSpringfield
Hey ... just like the series of Hitchhiker's Guide books.

-Warren

You nailed that one!

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

Rum and Coke is my drink of choice.

I'm also known to sport a Sparks to start the night off right, I fall Sleeping to early without it. Hurray for caffiene and alcohol!

I'm also known to drink Mickeys or any other $2 out the door 40oz malt liquor. I don't have money and I like to drink Laughing .

Science friction burns my fingers.

I am the cellar master at a winery, so you could probably guess I drink my fair share of vino! Although we are in the midst of harvest season, so Ive been throwin' back plenty of the Red Bull for those 16+ hour days.

Spud
Jack & Dry thanks and make it snappy!

GENIOUS!

kickthetank
whoa! what the heck is in the OOGA BOOGA? and do you get a FROTHY mug w/ that bad boy? Cheers

That Zombie was mighty frothy.

"Turn the knob to 10 and break it off!" -Baja Marty

Guys!!! Wasn't there a Pabst thread a long time ago? I can't find it.
Lava Bill must still be in hiding.

Non-Alchoholic: Ridiculous amounts of coffee and water. The OCCASIONAL Coke or Sprite. Pepsi is gross, though, consider where I live.... kind of a lifestyle here versus an opinion.

Alchoholic: Sweetwater IPA (probably the best beer I've had) or Tanqueray and tonic if I'm feeling like a change up.

verbaddict
Victory Hop Devil

They brew that about 30 minutes from where I live, and I've never had one...

WELLL....Last time I went out about a week and a half ago, I hipped some of my friends up to the Suffering Bastard and of course, the Zombie. For beer, I usually choose Red Stripe or Pabst, in a bottle if at all possible.

marquee6
WELLL....Last time I went out about a week and a half ago, I hipped some of my friends up to the Suffering Bastard and of course, the Zombie. For beer, I usually choose Red Stripe or Pabst, in a bottle if at all possible.

The Suffering Bastard is one of those odd ball "tiki" drinks: no rum. It has gin, which I normally despise. It's made with ginger ale, lime, brandy...I actually like them!

It's important to know that one can't just go out and order for example a Zombie at the local bar and then expect to actually get a fairly accurate Zombie.

T H E ✠ S U R F I T E S

CaptainSpringfield

crumb
Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster Very Happy

The first is amazing, one of the best drinks you'll ever have. The second one you have is really good, definitely not on par with your first, but a lot better than your third, which is merely okay. The fourth makes you wish you'd never tried it in the first place, and those brave and/or masochistic enough to try a fifth, well, that's a fate worse than death.

Hey ... just like the series of Hitchhiker's Guide books.

-Warren

Quick Addition:

"There are a number of environmental and weapons treaties and laws of physics which prevent the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster from being mixed on Earth".

Damn i was sold a fake! Wink

I'm with MadScientist on the Sweetwater IPA. We in The Surge are very, very attached to our beer, especially Sweetwater, brewed in Atlanta.

I had a Blue Hawaiian at our show a couple of weeks ago. Those fruity island cocktails tend to go heavy on the stomach, so I drink them in moderation. The only zombie I've ever had was at Trader Vic's, so I'm pretty sure it was made right...though I can't say for certain.

For my personal home libations, I have two mainstays: vodka martinis and rusty nails.

There is only one brand of vodka I will drink. It is not expensive. I used to work in a liquor store (a good one) and I blind taste-tested this vs. every other premium vodka on the shelves.

http://www.luksusowa.net/whyluks.htm

A nice stainless shaker, Martini & Rossi dry vermouth, and almond-stuffed olives. I put a splash of vermouth in the shaker, not in the chilled martini glass. I'm not one of those that believes that waving the mouth of the vermouth bottle over the glass makes a super "dry" martini, and I also don't see how adding more of a dry liquor can make a drink less dry. But anyway, add ice, vodka, shake, pour, and I've never had a martini better than the ones I make.

Rusty nail = a decent highland single malt and Drambuie in equal parts. I use regular Glenlivet. Other singles are for tasting. Blends are for donating to bums or cleaning toilet bowls.

The Mystery Men?
El Capitan and The Reluctant Sadists
SSS Agent #31

Richard
The only zombie I've ever had was at Trader Vic's, so I'm pretty sure it was made right...though I can't say for certain.

Although Trader Vic's have some fabulous drinks, their version of the Zombie is nothing like the original and is also very light on alcohol compared to any of the versions by Don the Beachcomber.

vodka martinis ... and I've never had a martini better than the ones I make.

I think my Martinis come out pretty good as well but prefer them with gin:

6 cl Bombay Sapphire
1.5 cl Martini Extra Dry

Stir with ice cubes and strain into cocktail glass. Drop in a pimento stuffed green olive.

T H E ✠ S U R F I T E S

Actually the Suffering Bastard I had goes something like this: 1/4 oz spiced rum
1/4 oz Gin
1/4 oz vodka
1/4 oz Blue Curacao
1 Dash cherry brandy
3 oz sour mix
3 oz orange juice
Pour over ice into a Tiki mug, stir, garnish with a orange wheel and hide your car keys!

Danny, why isn't the Mazel-Tov cocktail recipe included here already???

marquee6
Actually the Suffering Bastard I had goes something like this:

1/4 oz spiced rum
1/4 oz Gin
1/4 oz vodka
1/4 oz Blue Curacao
1 Dash cherry brandy
3 oz sour mix
3 oz orange juice

Pour over ice into a Tiki mug, stir, garnish with a orange wheel and hide your car keys!

From Beachbum Berry's Grog Log:

<u>Suffering Bastard</u>

1 ounce fresh lime juice
4 ounces chilled ginger ale
Dash Angostura bitters
1 ounce Bourbon
1 ounce gin

Pour everything into double old-fashioned glass and fill glass with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with mint sprig and orange wheel speared with maraschino cherry.

From Shepheard's Hotel, Cairo, Egypt, circa 1950. Legend has it that at the turn of the century, on a sweltering rush hour at Shepheard's bar, some British officers misheard the bartender's comment about his "poor, suffering bar steward" - and christened this drink (made back then with brandy and ginger beer in place of Bourbon and ginger ale) the "Suffering Bastard".

T H E ✠ S U R F I T E S

"as he stepped into the stealthy night air... little did he know the fire escape was not there"

https://www.facebook.com/reluctantaquanauts/
https://www.facebook.com/TheDragstripVipers/

Ha, nice.

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 Next