Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Best-Of SG101 »

Permalink The surfguitar101 2008 convention thread!

Goto Page: Previous 1 29 10 11 12 13 Next

IvanP
It was also great to meet outsides, and see again Karen of MBP, TikiTena, Jamie Machturtle and Linda Miller despite not being able to talk to them very much, which was a bummer.

What a bummer I didn't go down to the Pier for one more day of YOU my bro! It is always a thrill to see you and talk to you....all those years of history, you know....back in the Cowabunga days without all these newfangled message boards with all the pretty pitchurs Wink

"Jamie Machturtle" ~~~o/~~~

Eddie, I didn't get to see much of your playing that day because I was (wo)manning my CD table outside but, boy, I could hear ya! I was there for the other gig in Hermosa at Sangria when you played with the Elims so, it's all good.
I think every time I see you, I still thank you for playing A Surfer's Paradise, the concert for Don Murray back in 1996. All these years later, I am still so touched.
And your verdict on the Mermen? Laughing

Probably not the footage everybody really wants to see....but - Here's some video HBKahuna shot of The Aquasonics on Sunday - Thanks for shooting it Tim!

http://rockymountainsurf.blip.tv/#1174579

"You can't tell where you're going if you don't know where you've been"

Sonichris
Probably not the footage everybody really wants to see....but - Here's some video HBKahuna shot of The Aquasonics on Sunday - Thanks for shooting it Tim!

http://rockymountainsurf.blip.tv/#1174579

Sonichris- Great performance video! You guys are tight, and the tones are outstanding!

Sonichris....

You guys did great at the pier...enjoyed your show on the blip.tv video Tim did. Thanks Tim.

It was also good to hear you at the Convention....you really sounded good there too.
Hmmm....Didn't mean to scare you Chris...lol.

Hope to see you all again soon.

Warm Regards,

eddie

Eddie,

You stole the show Saturday. Maybe when your are 90 you will slow down enough to give the young guys a chance. Shocked

HBkahuna
Eddie,

You stole the show Saturday. Maybe when your are 90 you will slow down enough to give the young guys a chance. Shocked

ha ha ha
agree
Very Happy

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Hey Tim,

Thanks for the kind words. Coming from you I know it's from the heart and you have one of the biggest hearts there is. I had a great time!

Hope to see you soon,

e

PS Thank you too Jeff.....I know you would never say anything unless you truely felt it.

Eddie_Bertrand
Dario my friend…..I am so proud to know you and play through your Amps. Words could never tell how it feels when I hear the sound. It is for me…no joke…A very spiritual feeling. You will never know how relaxed I feel when my sound is right. Thank you my friend for making that a reality. It is exactly like playing though my 62’ Showman Amps Leo gave me….and the tank is to die for.

Eddie,
Thank you (and others who have commented) for the kind words on the amps and for your talent.

Eddie, IMO it takes a really talented player who knows what good guitar tone needs to sound like (from back in the Fender days) and I'm fortunate what I do with my amps delivers for you.

I'm also very lucky to have a dependable friend like you who is always eager and willing to help me and the Gomez biz be successful. It's comforting to know you believe wholeheartedly in what I'm doing and your actions prove that without exception.

Thanks brother....d

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008 00:41:58

I just wanted to thank Dave and others who played through the Gomez amps. You guys sounded awesome! Thanks to you all. Dman

I got a Cd, live recording from the Surf Guitar 101 Convention of The Detonators in the mail the other day, compliments of Steve from Chrome Oxide.
It turned out pretty decent. Worthy enough to share. If anyone is interested in a copy, I'll mail ya one.
Pm me or shoot me an email to scanman@adelphia.net.
Toodles for now.
Billy

Be careful following the masses. Sometimes the "M" is silent...........................

New photos courtesy of Norm from the Ghastly Ones!

Larger versions are here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/bgneal/SG101Convention#

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

cool thanks for posting those Brian,
Thumbs Up

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I just finally saw Kristena's pics of the event on myspace.
and thought this one was really cool.
I wanna thank Eddie and Paul for being involved with the event last year.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Will they be involved this year? Smile

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

not as big set players,
but if they want to come and be there to vend,
and maybe sit in during the Jam,
I'm fine with that.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Be on your best behavior in Surf City. This guy tried to crash Tiki Dudes jam. He wasn't on the list.

Very Happy

that one cop on the right, is that Vicor Willis' succesor? http://www.nme.com/news/the-village-people/42677

Rules to live by #314:
"When in Italy, if the menu says something's grilled, don't assume it is."

https://www.facebook.com/The-Malbehavers-286429584796173/

Just re read the whole thread,
wow brought back lots of great memories.

hope a lot of you all can come out for this years event.
too bad the last 2 posts had to be so off topic,
Rolling Eyes

Jeff(bigtikidude)

HBkahuna

WR
Please everyone, post your reviews, pics videos and ravings about the SURFGUITAR101 CONVENTION in this thread.

and here's a little prize competition, Im sending two bottles of handpicked (by me) special belgian beer to the first person that posts a picture of BTD with a friggin' huge grin on his face!

I think this is as bout as close as you get..

Eddie Bertrand & The Eliminators absolutely went off!

Maui (Aquasonics) & an adoring surf fan

Jeff arranged for a fine collection of memorabilia

Maui & Dave Arnson - Insect Surfers (some other guitar player in the background)

Frenc - Pollo Del Mar

Tim; can you reload those pictures please.
Craig the Keg

Hodad makin' the scene with a six pack.

Goto Page: Previous 1 29 10 11 12 13 Next