Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
363 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
149 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Best-Of SG101 »

Permalink The surfguitar101 2008 convention thread!

Goto Page: Previous 1 27 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next

bigtikidude
can you post some of the highlights for those of us that are not on myspace?
Rolling Eyes

Thanks,

Oh, I will. I just finished earlier today and had to go to work. I'm doing what I can a little at a time. I just wanted to let people know that have access to that (everyone but BTD Twisted Evil )

-K

"Turn the knob to 10 and break it off!" -Baja Marty

Sounds like a great day Jeff...congrats on pulling it off...I missed it by one week and would like to have been there....hopefully you will make it an anual gig....KEEP ROCKIN THE SURF

DUKE OF THE DISCS (I like to use CAPITAL LETTERS--and I am NOT YELLING.

Welcome to the forum DUKE!!!!

THe NEpTuNeS

Great pics Tena!

BTD - get on myspace - use an alias....

"You can't tell where you're going if you don't know where you've been"

Seeing everyone's pictures - what a great weekend!

Was so great to meet everyone! And hear some awesome music. And sell a bit of vinyl (enough to pay for gas!). Got some new CD's, t-shirts and even a 45'!

Jeff, you did an amazing job setting this up. Thanks for all your hard work and I hope you're recovered by now.

And Brian, thanks for making it out here. It wouldn't have been right not to have you there.

Can't wait till next time!

outsides
Seeing everyone's pictures - what a great weekend!

Was so great to meet everyone! And hear some awesome music. And sell a bit of vinyl (enough to pay for gas!). Got some new CD's, t-shirts and even a 45'!

Jeff, you did an amazing job setting this up. Thanks for all your hard work and I hope you're recovered by now.

And Brian, thanks for making it out here. It wouldn't have been right not to have you there.

Can't wait till next time!

Hey! I met outsides in real life! What a surprise!

Outsides didn't bring her wrestling mask. I was getting worried but after I saw her, I was pretty sure I could have taken her in a wrestling match.

As Kurt Vonnegut's brother would have said, "If this isn't nice, what is?"

Stormtiger
Outsides didn't bring her wrestling mask. I was getting worried but after I saw her, I was pretty sure I could have taken her in a wrestling match.

As Kurt Vonnegut's brother would have said, "If this isn't nice, what is?"

Hey! I met stormtiger in person...he made my official sg101 name sticker!
and he's a cool dude, too!

"So it goes..."

dp
Hey! I met outsides in real life! What a surprise!

Ha! I think I was way more surprised to met the elusive DP enigma! But you must of forgot your foil hat...

Stormtiger

Don't be too sure, I didn't want to embarrass you..... Wink

DP, was that you on Taco Wagon? I can't remember which song BTD played on. I was busy watching Ivan play the lead.

The BTD did Taco Wagon:

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

It looks like the guitar is more fun than bass or drums. Is there a photo of Danny without a huge smile on his face?

Stormtiger
It looks like the guitar is more fun than bass or drums. Is there a photo of Danny without a huge smile on his face?

go back to the Margaya discussion Evil

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

It must be that Jazzmaster he's playing.......notice, if you look real close......there is no buzz stop......hahahahahaha. gotcha ST!

ed

Traditional........speak softly and play through a big blonde amp. Did I mention that I still like big blonde amps?

Stormtiger
DP, was that you on Taco Wagon? I can't remember which song BTD played on. I was busy watching Ivan play the lead.

i think Tikidude played "Taco Wagon"...I played "Diamondhead" with Ivan and the rest of the gang...

eddiekatcher
It must be that Jazzmaster he's playing.......notice, if you look real close......there is no buzz stop......hahahahahaha. gotcha ST!

ed

Your action is so much better than mine Eddie, Danny made the right choice. All of my other guitars match yours too, I want it. One of the great things about the convention was being able to compare guitars like we did. That was worth more than 2 hours worth of threads. I got to handle 2 of Dave Wronski's Jaguars and see the Top Secret buzz stop alternative up close. Shhhh!. Did you know Dave uses brass saddles on the high E and B strings? You can't even buy those.

Stormtiger
... Did you know Dave uses brass saddles on the high E and B strings? You can't even buy those...

Dave probably MADE those brass saddles..or else had one of his Fender Corona luthier buddies hook him up...

(ps: i use a brass nut on the dp '52 RI p-bass: brass with the nickel roundwounds sounds fantastic!)

..or else had one of his Fender Corona luthier buddies hook him up...

That is correct. He actually showed me those the first time I met him and even offered to get me some. Eight years later I finally got to hold the beasts. I can be be fairly certain he has a good set-up.

Damn, I should have asked to hold them Sad

Doug don't take it personal that I didn't play your guitar :wink:, I just grabbed the one closest at the time I needed it.

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

I was really bummed about not getting to go, but now I feel worse after looking at all of the pictures and hearing all about it. Man! I am gong to start a savings account now so I will be ready for next year! BTD you are the best for setting this up! Totally awesome! He you mentioned about doint it somewhere else! How about Ohio? Shocked

Goto Page: Previous 1 27 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next