Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Best-Of SG101 »

Permalink SurfGuitar101 Convention, Aug. 2008 (1st year)

Goto Page: Previous 1 211 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next

Duke,
I am bummed you cannot just stay down for the week, and see the show.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

You???!!!!....something about the County of Fresno needing me to WORK.... believe me....I would love to move down there...not only to be near our son but for the weather......I am too old for this heat.......scheduled to be 108 degrees on Friday....110 was the big one recently..........

DUKE OF THE DISCS (I like to use CAPITAL LETTERS--and I am NOT YELLING.

bigtikidude
Holy Cow thats big!!!

can you size it down a bit?

Wink

Sorry folks, I made it big (not crazy big) so that it would print nicely for those that wished to do so. Here's a reduced version...easier to view on your screens...enjoy!
See you there!

• Surfbeatnik

thanks again Duff.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

DUKE7734
You???!!!!....something about the County of Fresno needing me to WORK.... believe me....I would love to move down there...not only to be near our son but for the weather......I am too old for this heat.......scheduled to be 108 degrees on Friday....110 was the big one recently..........

Duke,
when you gonna retire, and move down here to live?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Hey B, ya don't close down the site after this, we all just change our ID's to protect the guilty!.......ed

Traditional........speak softly and play through a big blonde amp. Did I mention that I still like big blonde amps?

So Eddie, ya gonna grace us with your presence?

Maybe you can get up with the Aquasonics and rip up some Astronauts songs.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Hey Guys, I really hope you have a <u>great time</u>, I really do...yeh, you just go on ahead_ without_ me...Look, I know Australia is a long way but -well - maybe HBK could fly past...and... ahh, I don't know..?

Well - you know I didn't really want to go anyway. I'll be fine. Have your cheap thrills. I didn't want to go anyway...go ahead, have your fun. I'll be fine...
(wraps arms around knees in a dark room and rocks back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth...back and forth...back and forth..back and forth...) Suicide

Tim O
oestmann guitar

tunes

clips

Hey Man! I am just sick that I can't come to this! It was going to be the greatest week weekend i ever had!

Then my Van died & I had to get something else! Now I have a damn car payment!

Next comes the storms! 2 trees blew down in my yard, one was a huge oak tree well over 200 years old!

The final blow a branch from a huge tree fell on my roof. The Tree man that came to get it off the house said it weighed more than a car! Shocked

Of course the branch from the tree that made 4 holes through my roof waited for a week after our storm to fall! That mean't I had to pay my big deductable twice!

I am sick about not being able to come! I would pay $50 for someone to use a DV camera and tape it for me! At least i can afford that!

Big Tiki Dude your are the best man! I hope the turnout is just right and everything goes well!
Thanks
Guy

MSG.....with all those challenges, I can't think of a better reason to leave town. Check into flights to San Diego. Out of Atlanta, on US Airways, they were 1/2 the price of flights into LA. If you get there by around noon on Friday, you can ride up to LA with Katcher and Karol. And........you might shake Richard's tree, he's looking for someone to split expenses with..................ed

Traditional........speak softly and play through a big blonde amp. Did I mention that I still like big blonde amps?

midwest_surf_guy
Hey Man! I am just sick that I can't come to this! It was going to be the greatest week weekend i ever had!

Then my Van died & I had to get something else! Now I have a damn car payment!

Next comes the storms! 2 trees blew down in my yard, one was a huge oak tree well over 200 years old!

The final blow a branch from a huge tree fell on my roof. The Tree man that came to get it off the house said it weighed more than a car! Shocked

Of course the branch from the tree that made 4 holes through my roof waited for a week after our storm to fall! That mean't I had to pay my big deductable twice!

I am sick about not being able to come! I would pay $50 for someone to use a DV camera and tape it for me! At least i can afford that!

Big Tiki Dude your are the best man! I hope the turnout is just right and everything goes well!
Thanks
Guy

...and I thought I had trouble... Shocked

Tim O
oestmann guitar

tunes

clips

Hey Everybody,
I really wish that everybody could come to this.
But I know that life's complications, Family commitments, and the Economy
all factor heavily into making long distance trips.

There will be somebody recording the show.
but I dont know about copies and or putting it on youtube.
will have to discuss that with him.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Speaking of Filming,

Tom of the "Sounds of Surf"
documentary will be there filming some of the bands and also interviewing
some sg101 surf fans about the surf scene.

Does anybody have any objections to being filmed, even if its just a passing pan shot of the crowd?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

bigtikidude
There will be somebody recording the show...

well, you can count me in as one who is interested in a sound-board recording/cd...if they ever become available...

sound board recording????
ha ha ha ha
this is a surf show.
the only thing going thru a sound board is the Mic that we will be talking thru.

but there will be a guy (Steve- aka Chrome Oxide)
recording audio with his own 2 mics.
talk to him about getting recordings.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

for anybody selling, vending at the sg101 event, please read this thread:
http://surfguitar101.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=86776#86776

Jeff(bigtikidude)

here is rough schedule.

Swap meet Noon to 2 pm
1:30 to 1:45 slide show of old surf history by Brian Chidister.
1:45 to 2pm, clips from the surf drumming dvd
2pm drum off with Dusty Watson, and Jeff Utterback.
2:20 ish. The Sound of Surf trailer clips , surf music documentary
2:30 Slacktone,
3pm Eddie Bertrand, and PJ and Norm of Ghastly Ones do Squad Car and Mr. Moto.
3 :15, Jams with some people playing with Dusty and PJ.
3:45ish. Outterwave
4:15ish Eddie Bertrand w Eliminators 4 songs. Then Eliminators 4 songs
4:45ish Boardwalkers
5:15ish Aquasonics
5:45 Secret Samurai
6:15 back to the Jam,
7 pm end of the show.

it looks like I might need to cut some more songs from the jam list.

if anybody has any questions or comments or need to moves let me know.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff, What songs have you cut so far?

I'm gonna be there wether you cut 'endless summer' or not.

Joel Very Happy

the only songs that have been cut so far,
are not on the list anymore.
I think I'm gonna just wait till the day of the event and see how it goes,
if we get close to end time,and have alot of songs to go, I will ask people
to volunteer to be cut.
I dont wanna be the Hatchet man more than I all ready have been.
and I feel bad enough about those.
I guess I just got carried away with the whole thing.

If this goes well, and is a big deal, we will def. need to do it somewhere else bigger and not piggy back on a nite show.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff....
As far as this member of SG101 is concerned, you have gone above and beyond your role as a member here. I think you should be viewed as a <u>SUPER MEMBER</u>!!
Even if this event isn't exactly what you had visioned, look at it as a success anyways.
I mean, holly cow, just look at all the fine folks you are bringing together. Some are coming from thousands of miles away!

I give you a big Thumbs Up and offer my adulation just for putting it all together. Worship

See you there.

Joel Very Happy

Goto Page: Previous 1 211 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next