Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink The Official Madeira July 2006 California Tour Thread

Goto Page: 1 2 3 Next

Please use this thread for everything related to the Madeira's Cali '06 tour!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Cool! I'll have pics by the end of the weekend!

-Kristena

"Turn the knob to 10 and break it off!" -Baja Marty

http://www.fresnofamous.com/

I bought an ad in a local website, hope it works.... Click on our "dancing batman" to take you to the poster.

THe NEpTuNeS

This tour sees the band delivering a brand new release - a 5 track CD-EP called "Ruins". Here is the scoop on this hot slab of digital goodness...

The Madeira - Ruins CD-EP

Hot on the heels of their debut full-length CD comes a great new 5 song CD-EP by The Madeira. Released just in time for their 2006 West Coast tour, this disc features covers of songs by Dick Dale, The Treble Spankers, Paco de Lucia and The Surf Coasters, but done in a way that sounds 100% like The Madeira! Pick this up from the band on their West Coast tour, or pre-order through Double Crown (ships August 1st).

Tracks: The Victor - Dilmohammed - Almoraima - Intruder #1 - Intruder

The Madeira - Ruins CD-EP - #DCCD25 - $6.00 (Order online at www.dblcrown.com or via Paypal to: records@dblcrown.com) Please add $2 for shipping to any US address, $3 to any Canada/Mexico address and $4 anywhere else in the world. All orders will begin shipping on August 1st - if you can't wait that long, and you live in California, buy a copy from the band at any of their upcoming tour dates.

NOTE: Copies will be shipped out to Double Crown Music Club members right away. If you are not a member, or your membership has expired, please send $35 for the next 4 Double Crown Records releases ($40 if you live in Canada, $45 anywhere else in the world). You can subscribe online at www.dblcrown.com or via Paypal to: records@dblcrown.com)

Thanks,

Sean
Double Crown Records / The Continental Magazine
P.O. Box 4336 - Bellingham, WA 98227-4336 - USA
www.dblcrown.com

Sean
Double Crown Records
www.doublecrownrecords.com

Surf CD's / Vinyl / Fanzines / DVD's
The Desolate Coast - Without A Planet CD
Hipbone Slim aka Sir Bald - Wiggin' Out With CD
Continental Magazine - Issue #36 w/21 Song CD

"Intruder" blew me away.

Picture from the Whistlestop:

Sorry to those who are religious, but HOLY SHIT!!!!!
I was blown away , floored, amazed, defened, and just plain awestruck.
The Whistle stop is not the prime place for music, and the cement floor really makes the whole thing sound too loud and washed out. They need some carpet in there asap. But I can get over stuff like that.

The Sand Devils put on another great set also, just wish theyd play a bit more often. The Melower, exotic, and go go stlye songs are really coning along well.

What Kristena said, Inturder just plain ruled.

Congrats on a great opening night guys

1 show down 4 more to go for me.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2006 16:43:30

Yeah, the Whistle Stop show just plain rocked. Even without the humidity I was still wet in the pants by the end of the night. I had gotten my singer to come out see what the music behind the influence of our band was all about. Last night was great display.

But I was left waiting to see the Soul Train dancers materialize from the graphic on the wall...

Great show and enjoyed meeting Jeff - BigTikiDude and seeing Kristena again.

-Redd Tyde

How is the EP? I can't wait to order mine.

First off, Pitcher House show last night was great, eventhough it was a swealtering hotbox. Tons of people, possibly many lurkers, intently watching the show. All bands were great--Madeira kicked off the show in high gear, then the Insect Surfers followed up (after their 20th anniversary show last week), and Slacktone played a ripping set, eventhough it was cut short at a half an hour.

Today at the museum, Glasgow Tiki Shakers played one of the best sets I've ever seen and the Madeira followed up with an hour and 20min. blistering set. Both bands did a great job, despite the heat. The Madeira dedicated the 3 Dick Dale songs(Nightriddin' The Victor, and Taco Wagon)
to John Blair, who was in attendance for the rare west coast appearance of the Madeira.

After the meet and greet with all of the fans and record-setting merch sales, the band followed me to my place for BBQ and exotica tunes on the stereo while we chatted, and Drank great Mai Tais made by Kristena. Kristena will post the picture below: of Ivan testing out Ran's reverb tank on my crappy Kramer guitar in my living room. They were grateful for time to relax and hang out after 3 days of road travel, hectic playing schedules, and heat.

Three shows down, two more to go for me!

Jeff (bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2006 16:50:16

Cool, keep the road reports coming!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

will do Brian, still bummed your not out here, but you have seen them already so it's not quite the end of the world, as if I was missing them out here. Although I'm sure you would have dug the hell out of the show with Insect Surfers and Slacktone last night.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

bigtikidude
Kristena will post the picture below: picture of Ivan testing out Ran's reverb tank on my crappy Kramer guitar in my living room.

OK! More pictures.

The Pitcher House:

HB Surfing Museum:

Fresno show?

THe NEpTuNeS

Not to take anything away from any of the other excellent bands, in my view this was hands down the best band I have ever seen play in the surf instro style. I was hooked within the first five notes. This band is tight. Ivan is second to no one on the guitar, DD included. He can only be described as a virtuoso. An amazing talent.

Patrick on rhythm is superb. His style reminded me of The Shadows.

Maderia lived up to the hype & are an absolute must see. They deserve to be proud of their music

Last edited: Jul 27, 2006 18:32:23

JakeDobner
How is the EP? I can't wait to order mine.

Jake the ep is excellent, Shit I'd pay the 5 bucks for the Intruder#1 and Intruder alone. but the Victor and others make is a killer ep.

a must have, especially if you already have the album on cd.

Jeff(bigtikidude)
p.s. they also have the Space Cossacks best of, and the New World Relampagos tribute for sale at the shows also. And they Have t-shirts, but no XXL Cry

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

surfneptune
Fresno show?

sorry sir, no go, Embarassed Crying Mad

But I do hope some people will try to make it.
Doug Snyder from Reno said he might make it down there.

please give us a report Tom,
wishing you a good turnout,

Jeff(bigtikidude)
p.s. what's the temp there? 120?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Only 110, and it's not super humid... (until it rains tonight) it makes you sweat a lot. By friday we are down to 103. We have air conditioning everywhere here, we only rank 25th in the hottest cities in the US.

Sorry to hear that Jeff, we are debuting our new Sax player, (still learning the songs) but this guy rocks! Hope to see some of yall here!

tom

THe NEpTuNeS

a bit of cross forum reviewing here. I was asked to do a review on cowabunga so here is the link to the review there.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cowabunga/message/31420

Hope Brian doen't get mad I posted the link to this thread, I thought we want surf fans here, and cowabunga seems to have some that don't know about sg101 yet. Forgive me for my bad if you didn't want that.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 Next