Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
322 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
4 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink Huge Surf show, In So. Cal. for Linda's 60th B-day, Free!!

Goto Page: Previous 1 2

Hell yeah Jeff! The tacos will be flowin' in full force.
I wish I could just snap my fingers, and have a bunch of other hot musicians show up, like Ferenc, Ron Rhodes, Ivan, Dusty, Too Fast Jim, Dave Arnson, and a ton of others to join us and just let it roll. That's the Surf family I'm talkin' about.
Billy

Be careful following the masses. Sometimes the "M" is silent...........................

Eddie practiced with The Eliminators tonight. All I can say is bring your video cameras on the 23rd... Oh man! Shocked

Can't wait to see Eddie play with the Eliminators and
Dave Wronski play with Slacktone,

both of those should be excellent.
Shocked

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

COUNT DOUG AND MYSELF IN!!!!

SEE YA ALL THERE!

The Mighty Surf Lords- Sparks,Nv.
"Praise The Lords"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHTDYfy0xM8
www.myspace.com/themightysurflords
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mightysurflords

cool beans daddy o

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I wish, but no way I can get down to SoCal this weekend. I didn't know about the show until bigtikidude sent me an email.

Miles

Ok. So how many of you surf cats are comin' to this show?
I'm tryin' to get an idea of how many tacos I'll have to make.......... Drool
Billy

Be careful following the masses. Sometimes the "M" is silent...........................

I'm tryin' to get an idea of how many tacos I'll have to make..........
Billy

You going to bring in your Party Mobile. They have a big parking lot over there.
Anyway, in between all the cervesas try to catch OuterWave back up Dave Wonski towards the end of the show.

I'm with you Dude, Slacktone with Wronski is awesome but Wronski is playing with Outerwave, right? I can't wait to see that.

Looks like I'll be there. Gotta get out of the cold..

Rev.

www.revwillis.com
www.willisclow.com
www.slajo.com

Stormtiger

I'm with you Dude, Slacktone with Wronski is awesome but Wronski is playing with Outerwave, right? I can't wait to see that.

Whoops your right, my bad,
Wronski is sitting in with Outterwave.

Dusty and Sam are in Texas with Davie Allan,

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Great show yesterday!

I arrived just in time for the Glasgow Tiki Shakers set. They were phenomenal, as usual. They have such great tone and the musicianship is top notch! As a fellow trio member, I really enjoy how they really fill up space without sounding busy or overplaying. The guitar playing is extremely tasteful and really interesting. Chops galore!

I was really looking forward to seeing my fellow San Diegans, The San Devils again as I hadn't seen them play in quite a while. They kicked major arse!! Ran, Hans, and company put on a stellar set of dark, moody, high energy surf. Ran's detuned Jazzmaster had me forcing the devil horns high in the air!! Rock
They put on a great show with stage moves to boot.

The highlight though, for me, was when Eddie Bertrand played three tunes (I believe it was only three) with the Eliminators backing him. Eddie showed why he is the king IMHO. When he busted into Squad car, the surf illuminati in the crowd were delirious. Eddie played both a strat and his jag and they both sounded absolutely phenomenal! To top things off, Eddie finished his mini-set with my personal fav. Dark Eyes. All I can say is, Jaw Dropping. Worship

It was a blast and I thought the turnout was pretty damn good for a rainy day in SoCal.

Ryan
The Secret Samurai Website
The Secret Samurai on Facebook

Thanks for the review, Ryan! Man, I wish I could've been there for
this GREAT show. The whole line-up was a dream-come-true. I've
yet to see, Eddie play in person, but the videos of recent performances
have me believing that Eddie is as great as anybody out there. And
what a great tribute to Linda. Linda, thanks for everything you've
done for the surf community. Happy birthday!!!

Bob

Bob

as I said in the other thread,
I'll post a longer report later.

But I agree with Ryan,
Sand Devils are truley Dark Surf. Love it.

and Eddie was On.

happy B-day Linda,

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Happy birthday Linda, and a big Aloha from The TakeOffs. It is our dream to come over there and play at the museum. Mahalo for all you do for the surf community as well. Our drummer, Conrad, was there for awhile yesterday early....did anyone meet him? I didn't know he was going or else i would have set up some PR stuff for him to take with him. He was in California for a surprise party for someone. He called me Saturday..."where's the surf museum?" i gave him the address and i guess he went there and ran into Paul Johnson and bought me a t-shirt.....he left a message yesterday saying he was at the show with musicians from 11 different bands. I guess we'll get a full report tonight at our gig.

The TakeOffs
"Kauai's Only All-Instrumental Surf Band"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-TakeOffs/312866840587

Dam,
I thought he looked Familiar.
dummy me.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Well, dig this...his DIRECT flight to Lihue, Kauai was diverted to Kona (on the Big Island) and he doesn't get here to Kauai untill 5:55pm if there are no delays....his wife is bringing his drums to The Sheraton for him and we're supposed to start at 6:30 but......maybe 7 tonight!! Big South swell from New Zealand today.....well, not that big maybe 6-8ft and it's so cool playing surf tunes 50ft from those waves. Sucks on the intonation though.....but hey we're still the luckiest band...or at least one of 'em. I love everyone here at SG101 and some day we WILL come over there and play for you at the museum. June 21st marks the beggining of our 4th year at The Sheraton!! Wow!
Anybody coming over this summer? Bring a guitar!!
R-R

The TakeOffs
"Kauai's Only All-Instrumental Surf Band"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-TakeOffs/312866840587

Ron,

My wife Lisa and I are looking forward to catching you and the Take Offs next Sunday, March 2nd in Kauai. Hopefully our plane won't get diverted!

Hans from the Sand Devils.

https://www.facebook.com/TheSandDevils

http://metamorphosisroad.blogspot.com/

Goto Page: Previous 1 2