Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink Dick Dale Health News

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Had heard a few things but this has the most details in print I have ever seen:

The Surfer's Path Article

Get well soon DD!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Rectal cancer survival rates aren't stellar... At least from the amount of treatment it seems like it isn't very severe. By not cutting out the tumor right away it makes it seem like they think they can destroy most of the cancer with chemo and the radiation.

It really worries me his cancer came back after so many years. Nobody deserves cancer although I think Dick would agree with me that cancer can be a worthwhile experience in one's life.

Whoa...that's heavy news...

Prayers and positive thoughts for Mr. Dale and his family.

Yes, all positive thoughts and lots of good luck to the king.

Get well soon Dick,
Good Luck and God Bless you and yours.

Reverb for everybody, on the house.

So what can we do? Make a giant digital get well card? Play some shows for him? Any ideas?

Our band is there if needed..Dick has always been a good and thoughtfull friend...

www.northofmalibu.com

His physical and email addresses are on his website. Send him some cards and well wishes.

Dick Dale, PO Box 1713, Twentynine Palms, Ca. 92277
dick@dickdale.com

Wow guys! Good vibes good vibes to DD.

-Kyle

Beyond The Surf YouTube channel
Beyond The Surf Instagram
The Verbtones @ Instagram
The Verbtones @ Facebook
The Verbtones @ bandcamp

Brian,
We can put on one helluva a show and donate the ALL the proceeds to cancer research or another charity of Dick's choice. A positive reverberating vibe to be sure!

I'll even volunteer to assist with organizing it. I have done quite a few charity shows before and I know most folks want to be an opportunity to do something nice and constructive. We can give them that opportunity.
Blue

Aloha,
Blue StingRaye

We're in NorCal..Santa Rosa..just put up a myspace bullitan re: a benifit for Dick and family..hey whatever we can do.

www.northofmalibu.com

my deepest prayers go out to this great man who I love so so dearly

be strong, Dick,

we are all thinking positive thoughts for you

UNSTEADY FREDDIE

http://www.facebook.com/unsteady.freddie

Hey y'all,

Just got this quick note back from THE KING OF THE SURF GUITAR

I sent him an email (and posted that 'poster' in his MySpace page) and let him know we all love him, are thinking of him, and praying....

UNSTEADY FREDDIE

his quick note (verbatim....no changes in his words):

Hey Freddie, thank you and i feel all the prayers.... keep smiling..... dick dale

I also emailed a note to Dick. I know he reads all his email and he's always responded kindly to my occasional comments or questions. I think he'd appreciate hearing from all 101 well wishers.

I bet we haven't heard the last of The King.

How horribly depressing...

I'm convinced Dick will beat it, though.

I've known about this for a few weeks - but was asked not to say anything.

The Aquasonics are looking into doing a big tribute surf show in Denver. He has played here every May 5th or so for the last 12 years, so I'm hoping we can get the place he usually plays to put it on with several area bands, or maybe an out of town guest.

"You can't tell where you're going if you don't know where you've been"

Wow Chris, GREAT idea......Hummmmm, "out of town guests?" I do have a place to stay out there in May......Hummmmm, when does that snow melt down into whitewater?........ed

Traditional........speak softly and play through a big blonde amp. Did I mention that I still like big blonde amps?

yeah Chris, that would be a totally hip reason to head out to DENVER

keep us posted

UNSTEADY FREDDIE

I received an email from Paul/The Pyronauts who graciously offered the service of his band for a possible fund raiser along with North of Malibu and others to be added up here in Sonoma County CA. Have also received an offer from a noted surf artist to produce an original flyer for the event.
We've sent an email to Malcom Wiseman who is Dick Dale's attorney to see if this idea would meet with their approval and in fact be welcomed by the Dale family. I will post info when we receive.

www.northofmalibu.com

A tribute Surf show for The King of the Surf Guitar will be happening in Denver Colorado in May 2008 at The Falcon ( www.falconbowl.com ).
We will have 3 Surf bands and the best early 1960's garage band around , The InSinerators.
We are trying to get out-of-town bands to fill the other 2 slots.
The rocky mountains make a great vacation in May! The mountains are beautiful this time of year.
I am thinking of certain bands from Huntington beach, Austin or Atlanta.........Pray for Cerf , Maui
www.aquasonics.net
Maui - gretsch6120w@aol.com

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next