Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
322 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
116 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
4 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink Holiday Rock- December 22

Page 1 of 1

Last week's show was so much fun that I just have to do it again.

Saturday, Dec. 22 The Zen Bar in Farmington, CT will turn a sleepy New England town in a swingin' Hipsville once again with 9th Wave, Slick Fitty, SPF-4 and Jason James & the Baystate Houserockers. Get there early, stay late and be ready to dance. The house'll be rockin'!

Show starts at 8 pm, cover is $5 and kids are okay as long as they bring their parents. There will be raffles of gifts & goodies all night long. Do you need more info? e-mail me at thestingraye@comcast.net or just check out the poster below.

Aloha,
Blue StingRaye

Holiday Rock will also be the CD release party for 9th Wave. Creepsters from the Deep, 9th Wave's 5th CD, will be available for the first time anywhere at The Zen Bar on 12/22.

Creepsters from the Deep is a powerful, yet spooky sounding CD, very different from Mike Staccato Rosado's early compositions. This CD is chock full of hot rod reverb. Combined with Oceana's unique flute & farfisa, Creepsters from the Deep is truly an evolution in surf music.

You can catch a couple of teaser tracks before the show at www.myspace.com/9thwave and at their website www.9thwavesurf.com.

Or better yet, come to Holiday Rock on Dec. 22 and win a copy of your own as 9th Wave has generously donated one of these "hot off the presses" CDs to be raffled off as part of a surf music gift basket.

9th Wave at the Zen Bar, 270 Farmington Ave., Farmington, CT August 2007

Aloha,
Blue StingRaye

Big Love to the following folks for making last night's show at the Zen Bar THE best Holiday Party of the year:

SPF-4 - The band gets better every time I see them, playing fast and furious for over 50 minutes. The opened the show in fine fashion and raised the bar for the rest of the night. Plus...they are as generous with their equipment as they are with their music. A great band on any night, but especially last night.

Slick Fitty - Easily my new favorite band, and not just because of the music, which is solid and hot, much like the band members. These nice guys are lots of fun and they had everyone in the room smiling, bopping and grooving to the rockabilly beat. I will be seeing them again at Rudy's in New Haven on Jan. 26. You should be there too.

9th Wave - Ahh, my heart be still, but my feet keep moving. How can anyone stand still when 9th Wave breaks out and smokes the club with their hot rod surf signature sound? Creepsters From the Deep, Short Board Action, Big Black Cadillac and so many more. Their new CD is finally available. Get one before they're sold out. It's be the highlight of 2008!

Jason James and the Baystate Houserockers - It was with a great deal of pleasure and honor that I got the privilege of introducing Jason James last night. His style is classic, with just the right amount of brash rough wailing guitar to make the audience wail along with him. The band had a set list but added to it absolutely everything was requested by the audience. Jason promised that he'd be back in the Springtime. I hope I can wait that long.....

Finally, I would also like to thank Rockabilly Willy from WESU for opening the night with me and Michelle "Go Kat Go" Terranova from WNHU for introducing Slick Fitty. Big thanks to Perilous Cheryl, Joey Zone, Wendy Gamenight, Bobby D, Rattlesnake Ralph, Ray and The Murdercycles crew, Dan-o Clam, John and The Zen Bar staff, The Malibu Girls, everyone who came out last night and my family and friends for putting up with such craziness from me.

We packed the Zen Bar last night and we'll be doing it again on February 12, 2008. Get ready for a very special Valentines show...Beach Blanket Bingo Bonanza! I'm looking for a few sweetheart bands to bring Frankie and Annette back to life. Reach out and let me know if you're interested. As always, time is of the essence.

Aloha and Happy New Year,
Blue StingRaye

This has been a Blue StingRaye Production.....

Aloha,
Blue StingRaye

Page 1 of 1