Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » SurfGuitar101 Website »

Permalink The Official 2007 MP3 Compilation Thread

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Hi Brian!

I looked at the link from my submission, but it already has the correct
author--The Bookhouse Boys--in that field, but for some reason my
username (Mournblade) is showing up on the demo page itself as the
artist name. (Or perhaps I'm just reading it incorrectly?) Confused

Vince

Brian
OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH.

Gotcha now. A bit dense today.

You can either do this by replying to the thread, or by requesting a change to your download. I believe there is a little link you can click on in your download details and you can type in your changes and I'll approve them. Thanks!

Is this something you can share with the rest of us, Amazing Larry?!?

Hi Vince,

That's because I just put the user who submitted the mp3 into the title initially. I changed yours. Anyone who submitted a track can modify what I did and send it in for approval.

Thanks!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

I don't see a way to modify it myself. I'd like mine (Number 10), to say "Jeff Leites & John Walker" like last year.

My Web Site - Tunes - Pictures - Guitar Projects - Hard Rock Cafe Guitar Pins

Done.

I just swapped out sonichris's excellent One Gun is all you Need .wma file for a .mp3 version, so you mac guys should be able to listen to it now.

Sometime this week I'll be gathering all the mp3's and getting them ready for archive.org. Rob_J submitted to me a .pdf file that will work for a CD jacket. I'll get that uploaded too. If anyone else wants to make a stab at some artwork, go right ahead!

Thanks.

Sorry I sent it in the wrong format -

"You can't tell where you're going if you don't know where you've been"

I'm really sorry I missed the chance to contribute to this - I had plans to all along, but life went pretty crazy the last few weeks... Oh well... there's always next year.

http://www.myspace.com/thepashuns

Youth and enthusiasm are no match for age and treachery.

Brian
I just swapped out sonichris's excellent One Gun is all you Need .wma file for a .mp3 version, so you mac guys should be able to listen to it now.

Thanks for that, Brian. Now I have the complete set of songs. It just didn't seem right to burn a CD and leave sonichris's song out.

Brian...if it's not too late i'd like mine to be The TakeOffs instead of R. Rhoades. Mahalo sir.

The TakeOffs
"Kauai's Only All-Instrumental Surf Band"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-TakeOffs/312866840587

Brian
Hi Vince,

That's because I just put the user who submitted the mp3 into the title initially. I changed yours. Anyone who submitted a track can modify what I did and send it in for approval.

Thanks!

Hi Brian, Is it too late to change the name on my entry from sandyfeet to the PopOuts? thanks ,Rick

Rick

sandyfeet, done.

Woot. Check it:
http://www.archive.org/details/SG1012007MP3

If anyone would like to submit artwork, a CD cover, etc. please let me know. Rob_J, you sent me a pdf file but it is slightly out of date since people asked for a few title and artist tweaks. Feel free to update it and send it to me again and I'll include it.

Nice work everyone!

Brian,

I'll work on an update and resend. It may be a day or two.

Been listening to the comp this evening. Nice job everyone! There are obvioulsy alot of talented musicians on this forum. The playing of Tom Bittel is a real standout for me right now. Great tone and feel--but so much good stuff all around. My list of favorites would be long.

Nice work!!!
These works of art are really fun to listen to. I am in awe of the talent shown by the artists.
Thank you!!!

Just a 'Me too!' posting Smile

The music is great.. and what I've come to expect from the annual compilation. Long may it continue :))

Unfortunate, though, that to include all the 27 tracks in the compilation on one audio CD comes to 81 minutes - JUST missed out.

Thanks again to all you great musicians who give us your music Smile

I'm as free from money as a frog is from feathers

Thanks to Rob Jones, we now have a CD jewel case cover with artwork and track listing! Rob also converted the descriptions you all uploaded into a .pdf file. Thanks Rob!

http://www.archive.org/details/SG1012007MP3

Hey, no problem, Brian. Glad to do it. I hope the CD cover art proves useful for anyone who decides to print it out for their own CDs.

For anyone looking for these files, go to the very bottom of the archives page, and look under "other files". (I didn't see it, at first).

Edit:
Hey, as a side note, I was able to download the cover art ok, but the liner notes PDF gives me a font error message. Is anyone else having the same problem? I may have to fix this file, if it won't download correctly.

I really like the cd cover.
thanks
Joel

I agree.....the artwork is nice. Thanks for doing that Rob.

The TakeOffs
"Kauai's Only All-Instrumental Surf Band"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-TakeOffs/312866840587

I just printed out the cover and liner notes, really cool. No probllem printing,but I noticed that my e-mail address is wrong in the liner notes. It should be @lafn.org, not @lanf.org. (Track 10).

I also just noticed that it printed a little too big. Are there settings in Adobe that will make it print the right size?

My Web Site - Tunes - Pictures - Guitar Projects - Hard Rock Cafe Guitar Pins

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next