Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Suggestion Box »

Permalink Please revisit the pinned topics in each discussion area

Page 1 of 1

In some of the discussion areas, there are so many pinned discussions it requires scrolling down to see what's new - and some of the pinned discussions are years old. Would like to see some of those unpinned, especially if they haven't had any traffic since before the covid lockdowns.

--
Project: MAYHEM by Hypersonic Secret now available!

Sure, but see this thread.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

chiba wrote:

In some of the discussion areas, there are so many pinned discussions it requires scrolling down to see what's new - and some of the pinned discussions are years old. Would like to see some of those unpinned, especially if they haven't had any traffic since before the covid lockdowns.

What topics would you un-pin?

"You can't tell where you're going if you don't know where you've been"

Last edited: Mar 17, 2023 16:31:55

Sonichris wrote:

What topics would you un-pin?

Anything that hasn't had a comment added to it in over a year that isn't a necessary admin-related thread.

--

If silence equals consent, then I'd better speak up. I wouldn't change the stickys. They are links to some important history that newbies should check out. To keep up with new posts I just click on the SG101 logo on the top of each page. Boom, instant view of the new posts. Since I check-in nearly every day, I don't feel like I miss much.

Thread Hijack
In terms of items that I would like to see changed, I would rather see Guitar Pro tab files (.gp and .gpx files) allowed in the Tablature downloads area. I would just request that every Guitar Pro tab file be accompanied by a PDF file, so that non-Guitar Pro users wouldn't be completely left out.

-Tim
MyYouTubeChannel
My Classic Instrumental Surf Music Timeline
SSS Agent #777

I agree. The stickies are there for a reason, so that new remembers don't miss them when they're buried beneath less fun newer threads. I systematically went through them a couple years ago and I really enjoyed it. My vote is to keep the stickies.

Daniel Deathtide

DeathTide wrote:

I systematically went through them a couple years ago and I really enjoyed it.

Not everybody has that kind of time or interest. It's just a suggestion. I'm talking about threads like "2018 SG101 Convention", "Surf Guitar 101 convention 2022" - maybe they could be moved to the Best of SG101 area.

--

The only one that I think could use an update is the SG101 convention. We've got another one coming up and that thread is buried.

Storm Surge of Reverb: Surf & Instro Radio

I just did a bit of housekeeping but if you have particular forums (or threads) in mind let me know.

But again, if you really want to see what unread threads you have see this thread. I'm sad more people don't know about it or use it.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Brian wrote:

I just did a bit of housekeeping but if you have particular forums (or threads) in mind let me know.

But again, if you really want to see what unread threads you have see this thread. I'm sad more people don't know about it or use it.

Appreciate it.

Don't be sad. I know about that feature - other boards use it as well and for people who like it, it's a great feature. The way my brain works, I like to know what topic area I'm in and go through all the new threads of interest one at a time in that area before moving on to the next one. Yes, I realize the list of new/unread posts puts the topic area on the left, but they're not all together and that's how I prefer to tackle threads. Maybe I'm the only person who thinks this way, I can live with that Smile

--

Page 1 of 1