Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
322 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
169 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
116 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
4 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Videos »

Permalink Ginza Lights (cover) - surf rock comes back to live in our town after half a century!

Page 1 of 1

Finally it's time for us to share with you all a song from our surf music gig during the city summer concert. I think last time someone really played surf in the city in a concert was perhaps 55 years ago. We were so glad we got invited to gig in the summer concert last month (yes postponed till November) and it was a great opportunity for us to re-introduce surf music to our city (or perhaps even to our country). Hope you like our Ginza Lights (cover) here. Our city municipal government seems to like it, as they invited us to gig on X'mas eve on a big cit count down stage (suspended for almost 3 years because of COVID, and but it's outdoor though....it's freezing!) They specifically asked us to add two surf songs in the show. Hope more and more people in this part of the world will enjoy surf music in the near future.

Yes, we were wearing short sleeves last month and I even got sunburnt. And today, the temperature plunged to around 10c (52F) from 28c, which is almost unbearable for us who live in tropical areas. I know many of you live in places where temperatures often stay below sub-zero. Stay warm and surf on!

Ray Smile

Last edited: Dec 18, 2022 21:12:00

Very nice!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Watching you all was very inspiring! What a fun gig!

-John

"...enjoy every sandwich." -Warren Zevon

Fender Stratocaster American Pro II
Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue

thank you!

Well played, that's wild about no surf played for so long. So cool you broke that drought! Mina plays so well and cleanly. What a good dad you are.

Daniel Deathtide

Very cool! Love the Hendrix Strat!

thanks guys! We are happy people here seem to like surf too slowly! We got invited to play on the biggest stage in town last week! I gave them a sound list and they specifically asked us to add a few surf songs. We were happy, and the stages were surreal.

And yes, since my Jaguar is still at the shop, I thought the Hendrix Strat is versatile enough and sounds pretty good for playing surf rhythm. Mina used to play it more but I think she is slowly switching to guitars with humbucker pickups, as she seems to want to produce a richer and warmer tone and less chimey tone. Adn you have no idea what guitar used on those big stages last week to play surf.... ;p

And here comes footage of the full concert. Hope you will like it!

The future of surf is in safe hands. Excellent!

Surfin’ Europe - Surf gigs in Europe
The Malbehavers – Instrumental Surf Music from Tilburg (NL)

Awesome job, you guys! That sounded amazing! I love these live videos the best.

MooreLoud.com - A tribute to Dick Dale.

SabedLeepski wrote:

The future of surf is in safe hands. Excellent!

Your words are too kind. But we will try our best. The page of surf music in our country was empty, except in HK and Macau, and it was too long ago. We DO hope very much we can bring it back so more people will enjoy it! I realize not many kids play surf too.

SixStringSurfer wrote:

Awesome job, you guys! That sounded amazing! I love these live videos the best.

thank you!!! We gig often these days, but not all the time the live recording sound quality is presentable. Don't want to "ruin" the songs via the Internet sometimes and affect viewing experience. Wink

Page 1 of 1