Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
323 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
149 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
111 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
72 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
5 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
5 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » For Sale / Trade »

Permalink Allen Amplification “Hot Blond” 6G6-B Combo

Page 1 of 1

Up for sale is an Allen Amplification Hot Blond Combo. This was built by David Allen and is NOT a kit. David Allen recently retired so not sure what will happen so get a good one built by the man! The Hot Blond is David Allen’s take on the 6G6-B Bassman circuit. All handwired.

I have this setup with the solid state rectifier and 6L6 power tubes delivering about 40 watts of cleanish power. This also has reverb included. The Blond era Bassmans are awesome and the best of all worlds in my opinion. He includes a raw control and a bright switch to dial in blackface and tweed tones. It’s a beautiful amp. Mint condition, no marks, bedroom kept, never gigged and no smoking or pets. It comes with a 15” Eminence Legend speaker that will make you pant legs shake if you turn it up. I paid extra for a leather handle and will also include a vintage style foot switch for the reverb.

I don’t have a box for this anymore and prefer to do business in person anyway to avoid hassles with shipping company’s. Reach out to me to make arrangements for pick up. I can meet you in the middle somewhere. I’m in central Pennsylvania for reference and have driven all over to deliver. I can also provide more pictures and answer any questions. Hit me up!

$1500, USA only. Thanks.

Allen Amplification website says:

The new Allen Hot Blond amp is my take on the iconic 1963 Fender blond Bassman™ (6G6) head's normal channel. I added the much desired tube driven spring reverb plus a few other useful features to make the amp more versatile while maintaining its original character. It features adjustable fixed bias with measurement jacks on the back, an impedance switch for 4 or 8 ohms, a bright switch, a middle control, a TONE control for the reverb and my unique RAW mid/gain control.

I feel that blond Bassman™ was all about getting the most clean headroom possible (short of going to an ultralinear output transformer) out of a pair of 5881s. Like the 59 Bassman™ and the Concert™, this amp has a HUGE output transformer. The 6G6 had a solid state rectifier and a high B+ voltage which keeps the amp clean to a higher volume. Brian Setzer of the Stray Cats has made this particular amp very popular to Rockabilly/Gretch players. It has the clean headroom to keep the percussive thump and click of those Rockabilly basslines tight and punchy. From Country chicken pickin' to Blues or Surf or Jazz or Rock, it is a great platform to work with. It is available as a head with separate speaker cabinets or as a 1x12, 1x15 or 2x10 combo amp.

The stock amps are blond/wheat with cream barrel knobs, Tung Sol or JJ 5881s, (4) 12AX7s and your choice of a plug-in solid-state rectifier or a tube rectifier. Gold and Oxblood grill cloths are also available. Like all Allen amps, it features top quality components throughout. Finger-jointed pine cabinets, stainless-steel chassis, glass epoxy eyelet board, Switchcraft jacks, Carling switches and so on.

At 40 watts, it might be too much amp for some playing styles or situations. With a tube rectifier installed and the convenient bias jacks and adjustable bias, the amp can easily be set up with 6V6 power tubes for 22 watts with either an 8 or 16 ohm speaker load.

Peace to you, not on you

Hi there. I'm guessing this sold? I'd be very interested if it's still available. Thanks!

Page 1 of 1