Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink Library

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3

A fuzz guitar track by Ray Davies.

The Exotic Guitar of Kahuna Kawentzmann

You can get the boy out of the Keynes era, but you can’t get the Keynes era out of the boy.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019 15:36:37

Some French Library on the Orly label.

You can get the boy out of the Keynes era, but you can’t get the Keynes era out of the boy.

Some fine German library on Selected Sound.

Last edited: Jul 06, 2019 08:56:32

more French on Chappell

Last edited: Jul 06, 2019 09:40:34

These are super fun, I like that last one a lot. I’m a massive fan of 60s French, Italian and German stuff, and of course 70s Turkish, Thai, and Indian.

Your music is also top notch, I love it and had to own it. Glad to discover the Kahuna!

Daniel Deathtide

DeathTide - I’m glad you enjoy the music, thank you!

German 70s Library with Bert Kaempfert guitarist/bass player Ladi Geisler.

Klaus Weiss

Les Reed's track Spanish Armada (also done by Mel Taylor and The Ventures) strongly reminds me of a piece used on the original The Endless Summer soundtrack - one of the tunes NOT by The Sandals. But I haven't found out who did it or what it is called, yet. Anyway, here's another one by The Les Reed Combo that has that sound and it happens to be a Library track. High Seas was the B.side of Hot Line which was used in Endless Summer, a Mood Music (label) 7" in 1965.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020 10:30:18

Well what do you know, searching YouTube one last time I finally found it! It's called Duel at Dawn and it plays during the Nat Young at Bells Beach segment.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020 14:02:25

I love it. The drums are just outstanding! Sounds like the drummer is having a great time, gyrating and sweating. At least that’s the image I have. Awesome song.

Daniel Deathtide

Great discovery! I always wondered who was behind some of the great non-Sandals tunes on the Endless Summer movie soundtrack. Big fan here of Les Reed's work on the score for the Girl On A Motorcycle movie.

T H E ✠ S U R F I T E S

Some french freak-beaty psychedelic library here.

in honor of Henry the seal

Last edited: Jun 08, 2022 16:43:28

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3