Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink SiriusXM Launches New 'Surf Instrumentals' Channel

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 Next

tahitijack wrote:

A friend has several commercial free streaming channels on TuneIn. I've talked to him about adding a instrumental surf music channel but he doesn't seem interested. His focus is jazz, Hawaiian and tiki.

What a douche!

Daniel Deathtide

So glad to see a bunch of you are enjoying this channel!

wipedoutnyc wrote:

Are you involved with the "Surf Instrumentals" channel?

summerfun wrote:

wipedoutnyc wrote:

Are you involved with the "Surf Instrumentals" channel?

Only in that my band Wiped Out is included in the programming!

If you have an Amazon Echo and a Sirius/XM subscription, you can say,
"Alexa, play Sirius/XM Surf Instrumentals."
Voila, Le Surf!

Wipedout and Gretch thanks for the heads up and advice. Listening last night there was an alternate recording of Miserlou by Dick Dale which I have not heard in many years. Playing it on my little Echo Dot sounds pretty good. Nice mix of old classic like Church Key following a song from the Blue Stingrays.

Happy Sunsets!

tahitijack wrote:

Wipedout and Gretch thanks for the heads up and advice. Listening last night there was an alternate recording of Miserlou by Dick Dale which I have not heard in many years. Playing it on my little Echo Dot sounds pretty good. Nice mix of old classic like Church Key following a song from the Blue Stingrays.

Yeah, it's a nice mix!

Anyone know how to submit music for this station?

Email to programming@xmradio.com. Believe it or not they also accept regular mail.

Happy Sunsets!

Awesome! Thank you!

Is the Surf Instrumentals channel still on? my wife is interested; she has Sirius in her car

Can’t get it in the car, only on the phone app.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

The new Wiped Out single "Welcome to Fear City" is now exclusively available on the Sirius XM app (Surf Instrumentals channel)! This will be the only place you can hear the new song for the next week until it comes out on all streaming platforms on 10/28!

I will email that link and see if there is a response to a submission and report back here. Lots of folks use the service in their cars so it seems like a plus for surf.

Squid From Madrid - New Single on Bandcamp
MB Website

Hi all
I've been lurking this site for a month or so and just finally joined today, 1st post!

I began listening to the XM Surf Instrumental channel the day it launched....non stop!
Some of these special channels created have a short Playlist and after a day or so seems like heard everything offered.
But surprisingly I hear new tracks and this expands the experience.
I almost always research any band or song playing if I don't recognize it or that particular version.
I am then on EBay buying the next CD.
My Surf CD collection has expanded now to over 50 selection! Some are real classics out of print.
The New surf generation is found at Hi Tide recordings or many others on Discogs where European sellers have a lot.
I am also a guitar player for 50 years..but you wouldn't know it..my skills are limited. I love playing Surf and most of my 6 electric guitars are based on that.
Child of the 60s born in the beginning of Surf music waves always familiar with the tones.
This is a great website 101 and hope to read more and learn much!

BTW. I "IceSurf' too...

Last edited: Oct 22, 2022 08:50:14

IceratzSurf wrote:

Hi all
I've been lurking this site for a month or so and just finally joined today, 1st post!

I began listening to the XM Surf Instrumental channel the day it launched....non stop!
Some of these special channels created have a short Playlist and after a day or so seems like heard everything offered.
I almost always research any band or song playing if I don't recognize it or that particular version.
My Surf CD collection has expanded now to over 50 selection! Some are real classics out of print.
The New surf generation is found at Hi Tide recordings or many others on Discogs where European sellers have a lot.
I am also a guitar player for 50 years..but you wouldn't know it..my skills are limited. I love playing Surf and most of my 6 electric guitars are based on that.
Child of the 60s born in the beginning of Surf music waves always familiar with the tones.

BTW. I "IceSurf' too...

Nice to meet you, Iceratz. I remember hearing Surf when I was a fairly small child, and loved it. Some of the first songs I learned were Surf tunes, and I play them, to this day.

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2023 10:08:29

Welcome Iceratz, it's great to have an Ice Surfer in the clan!

Patrick

IceSurfing is fast cold and about the most fun you can have with your clothes on!

https://youtu.be/o4onabO1QfY

Welcome! If you haven't heard of Wiped Out, check us out! We're on the SiriusXM channel a good amount!

IceratzSurf wrote:

Hi all

BTW. I "IceSurf' too...

I listened for a month, then I was done with it.
good to put on at a party of casual listeners I suppose.
But I like to hear a lot more obscure or cutting edge instro.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 Next