Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink SURFER JOE MEGA Touring in 2022! USA Mid-West & South Sept. 20-Oct. 11

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Great photo, thanks! Although those guys in the background look rather two dimensional!

Patrick

It was great to see you again Uwe! Thanks for rocking out in the front the entire show!

One thing I’m really coming away with from these passed two tours (39 shows) is how much I like the Quilter blocks. I had the chance to use the version 1 Bass Block, a Bassman 100 and a Tone Block 202 in many different situations—varying sized rooms with vastly different acoustics, volumes, and speaker cabs—-and in the end, everything considered, I see absolutely zero reason to tour with a giant, heavy tube amp. Touring this much is an entirely different set of circumstances that have certain practical requirements. Like it or not, weight, portability, consistency, stability, sound-technician convenience, adjustability actually matter. Also, believe it or not, the TONE coming from these things is not a compromise. They actually really do sound GOOD! In a live situation, I never once felt that anything was lacking and that I preferred to use the Bassman 100. If anything, it was the other way around. Several nights when using the Bassman 100, I was too limited in eq adjustability to compensate for the issues of the room and inherent acoustics. Also, FWIW, time and time again, audience members, other musicians and sound techs all commented on how good those heads sound in a live situation.

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis
Fiberglass Jungle - Surf Radio

Great read Jon Paul. Fun to follow your travels and shows. Thanks for the updates…

Craig Skelly

Little Kahuna
www.littlekahunamusic.com
The Breakaways
The Curl Riders

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis

How Fun...can't wait

Craig Skelly

Little Kahuna
www.littlekahunamusic.com
The Breakaways
The Curl Riders

And we’re off!
Two day drive to Portland, then show #1 at Tiki-Kon!
See you soon!

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis

Safe travels!

Patrick

What a night! So amazing to be back at Darrell’s with our brothers in arms The Boss Martians! They absolutely killed it in true BM high energy style! What an honor to share the stage with such pro veterans, who also happen to be some of the nicest guys anywhere!

So great to see so much Seattle surf family representin’—The Delstroyers, The Cosmic Wrays, The Viking Surfers, Tien, and so many more!

And..I have to give very special and grateful props to Mark Klebeck of King Of Hawaii, who couldn't make the show but generously made the time and invited us to his coffee and doughnut shop Top Pot for a wonderful hang! If you're ever in Seattle or vicinity, do not hesitate to visit one of these fine establishments!

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis

Last edited: Jul 10, 2022 18:43:12

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis

Last edited: Jul 04, 2022 20:58:34

Last night in Tacoma was truly special! Tim Wilson (Don Wilson’s son) was in the audience right up front and we had a chance to spend some quality time with The Peterson Brothers—the ones making the first serious documentary on The Ventures. This thing has been a true labor of love and is going to be mind-blowing to say the least! Please watch for updates and follow here…..https://www.walkdontrunmovie.com/

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis

Hey!

Sorry for not keeping up on this more frequently. It's been a whirlwind of a busy time, to say the least!
I'll post some final thoughts over the next days.

Most importantly, sincere THANK YOU to everyone that made the effort to come to a show, purchase merchandise and offer support and encouragement of any kind! The three of us appreciate it more than you can imagine and it goes a LONG way towards keeping the morale and passion of 3 humble surf musicians trying to spread the gospel of true surf music!

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis

You've been a busy bassist. I've been trying to keep up via YouTube posts and all. These bands are lucky to have you.

67+ shows on these previous 3 runs, but still one more to go this year!

Please come out and support live surf music!

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis

Last edited: Sep 14, 2022 22:26:53

Stoked about the Nashville show!

http://www.facebook.com/CrazyAcesMusic
http://www.youtube.com/user/crazyacesrock
http://www.reverbnation.com/crazyacesmusic

Incidentally...there are still some open dates if anyone wants to arrange a show, party or has any other ideas!

Oct. 2 (between Indianapolis and Memphis area)
Oct. 4 (between Memphis and Nashville area)
Oct. 5 (between Memphis and Nashville area)

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis

Last edited: Sep 06, 2022 22:32:38

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis

Insect Surfers