Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
363 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink Daytonas Scrapbook

Goto Page: 1 2 3 Next

I had some Daytonas stuff laying around on the old computer that I wanted to be preserved for posterity, haha. (All photos taken between 1990 and 1996).

T H E ✠ S U R F I T E S

T H E ✠ S U R F I T E S

T H E ✠ S U R F I T E S

Way Kool! I really liked the pic with the Centerline convo pro wheel. I had those on my last dragster. They were an engineering marvel. Smile

When was your California tour?
I wish I had known about that.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Way cool Klas, thanks for sharing.

I've also been to The Old Ironsides in Sacramento, but I'm sure it was about 10 years after you. I wonder if it still exists?

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

wfoguy wrote:

Way Kool! I really liked the pic with the Centerline convo pro wheel. I had those on my last dragster. They were an engineering marvel. Smile

Cool, our first organ player raced a Volvo C70 Competition Eliminator at the time.

bigtikidude wrote:

When was your California tour?
I wish I had known about that.

It was the summer of 1996 and I think you've mentioned to me before that you first got into surf later that year. Too bad as we actually played a show in your neighbourhood (The Doll Hut, with The Huntington Cads if I recall correctly)!

Brian wrote:

Way cool Klas, thanks for sharing.

I've also been to The Old Ironsides in Sacramento, but I'm sure it was about 10 years after you. I wonder if it still exists?

I actually wondered the same thing when posting that pic in the "Surf in Sacramento?" thread!

T H E ✠ S U R F I T E S

Klas, yes first surf show I saw was Insect Surfers at the Doll Hut,
Nov. of 96.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

And some music to go with the pics...

T H E ✠ S U R F I T E S

Any connection/conflicts with Ronny and the Daytonas?

Happy Sunsets!

Yes, that actually happened as Ronny (Buck Wilkin) sent us a letter in the early 90's, pointing out that there are plenty of other towns in Florida that we could use to name the band.

T H E ✠ S U R F I T E S

And now there is Los Daytonas

Jeff(bigtikidude)

There's also a current rockabilly band called The Daytonas.

As for our Daytonas, I just stumbled on some footage on YouTube from a show we played at the 1994 Stockholm Water Festival. Picture and sound is a bit out of synch but still an enjoyable watch.

T H E ✠ S U R F I T E S

Here's something funny... Below is one of our first Daytonas recordings (recorded 1990) and it sounds so much more exciting in the overall production sound than almost everything else we managed to record during the remaining 7 years of the band's existence...

T H E ✠ S U R F I T E S

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022 10:59:46

Cool!

any more surfites stuff planned?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

We actually have some new songs written but nothing recorded. I'm not sure if they ever will see the light of day on a release though since we haven't really been active with The Surfites for several years now.

T H E ✠ S U R F I T E S

That’s too bad, Surfites was great!
was hoping for more.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Thanks Jeff! The band still exists and if the right opportunity comes along, we will definitely consider setting up the surf shack recording gear again!

T H E ✠ S U R F I T E S

Thumbs Up

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Klas wrote:

There's also a current rockabilly band called The Daytonas.

As for our Daytonas, I just stumbled on some footage on YouTube from a show we played at the 1994 Stockholm Water Festival. Picture and sound is a bit out of synch but still an enjoyable watch.

thanks a lot for sharing this! i love it and hope there are more surfites songs too in the future

My latest LP Unknown Creatures by Otitis Media Records is available now on all digital platforms and colored vinyl. Listen and buy here: https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/sysmalakian/unknown-creatures
Lessons, tabs and tutorials send an email to sysmalakian@gmail.com

Goto Page: 1 2 3 Next