Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
363 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
149 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink SURFER JOE MEGA Touring in 2022! USA Mid-West & South Sept. 20-Oct. 11

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next

What about the power strips?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

What a great set it was in Mannheim, tight and groovy!

Waikiki Makaki surf-rock band from Ukraine

New Single is out!

https://waikikimakaki.bandcamp.com/album/rhino-blues-full-contact-surf-single

Waikiki Makaki

https://linktr.ee/waikikimakaki

Lost Diver

https://lostdiver.bandcamp.com
https://soundcloud.com/vitaly-yakushin

Looking forward to May 20th, guys!

El Twitter
El Ray
El Ray on Bandcamp
El Twang on YouTube

It was so cool to see Vitaly in Mannheim!
Also, we hd a very special visit from Simon from The Neceonautics.

Last night in Ghent we caught up with Jens from 50 Foot Combo and Stefan from Humanga Danga!

The night before in Ottenburg, we were lucky enough to have 3 Los Venturas!

It always makes the shows better to have real international surf family the the house!

Looking forward to many more to come!

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis
Fiberglass Jungle - Surf Radio

You great ambassadors are bringing the whole surf community together. Thanks for these updates and keep up the good work!

Patrick

The pictures from Middleburg sure brings back some good memories. Guitar

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Sounds cool Danny! Where are those pictures?

Patrick

Last edited: May 12, 2022 23:33:21

Padraig wrote:

Sounds cool Danny! Where are those pictures?

Oops, they were on Instagram.

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Well, last night in Utrecht was really epic. The place was packed, people danced and there were many young folks, which is always extremely encouraging.

It was truly awesome to have some camaraderie backstage with the other bands after all these shows alone! Stories From Shamehill demonstrated their new sound from Return Of The Space Mariachis with power and confidence, Los Tiki Boys absolutely killed it, providing a kind of masterclass for everyone in attendance, and Krontjong Devils played a ton of interesting material from their new release Music From The Stars Vol. 1, which features some quite unique cover choices.

I have to mention that Los Tiki Boys consisted of the lead guitarist from The Firebirds and the rhythm guitarist and bassist of none other than The Treble Spankers! I never had a chance to see these important bands back in the day, so this was quite a thrill!!! Absolutely amazing!

The Netherlands adventures continue now on to The Hague and our old favorite Vavoom Tiki Room!

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis

Thanks for the report Jonpaul! Hope the rest of the tour goes well!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Here is a foto of Lorenzo, myself (Ruediger) , Pieter (the drummer formerly with Los Venturas) and Jonpaul. Yesterday it rained cats and dogs but the mood for the gig in The Shakespear Pub in Herdecke was brilliant.
I passed the "HI" from John Blair to Lorenzo and Jonpaul, my son bought the "World Traveler" album (though he neither uses a record player nor a cd player!!) and got it signed by the group. The group started at 7.45 pm and played to 9.10 or so, nearly one and a half hour. Lorenzo dedicated the "vintage" surf tunes like Black Sand Beach, Mr. Moto, Surf Party or the stunnung vocal "Banzai Pipeline" to me. His own material was performed very very good and I do recommend everybody to go to the concert the group plays in your city!!! I will have the experience in my heart for a long time. My son bought the t-shirt for me and donated another 25 euros for the band. The manager of the pub was a little bit confused when he went with a hat around asking for money for the group. I told him my son had already put 25 euros in the box which stood on the merchandise table.
BTW the two latest cds of The Cruncher which can be seen on the table in front of us were traded for cds of the merchandise tables.Thank you very much!!!!

Last edited: May 17, 2022 01:06:01

Rudiger was great to see you again and having you at the show is a great pleasure! I am glad the show was fun for you, we were. Little tired yesterday but the sound was good! Thanks for all the contributions and the Cruncher’s CDs.

Two things to specify though:
- Los Venturas are well up and running and Pieter is still their drummer.
- the vocal we play of the Astronauts is “Kuk”. Banzai Pipeline is a Mancini’s instrumental composition.

Lorenzo "Surfer Joe" Valdambrini
(www.surfmusic.net)

So great to see and catch up with you in person, Ruediger! You looked so great!

Again, one of the highlights of any trip like this is having the opportunity to meet and hang with so many other musicians and bands. It’s a chance to talk gear, recording, labels, the scene, technique, venues and life in general. It provides a whole new global perspective and again, makes the world a much smaller place and brings the whole community closer together.

Playing together with Stories From Shamehill on the beach had to be a new high point. What a day! The weather was perfect, the food and drink exceptional, people danced like crazy and there was an overwhelming sense of positivity, optimism and joy in the air. This was not just another dark, smoky, judgemental jaded and faded nightclub, this was living, breathing, fresh ocean air and happy sounds infusing the hearts and spirits of everyone in attendance!

Huge thanks to Joris and the guys for arranging such a magical day! These are the memories that remain a lifetime!

I also wanted to mention how awesome it was to finally meet and talk with the guys from The Biarritz Boys, who made it to the big DBs show!

And it was extra cool that 2 of the guys from The Krontjong Devils came to the Groningen show last night after band practice!

We really appreciate each and every person that puts in the extra effort to make these shows and actually work to keep strong connections in the community!

Off to Hamburg today and then we begin our trek up north into Scandinavia! Can’t wait to play with out old friends El Ray!!!
Cheers

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis

Last edited: May 18, 2022 03:59:20

Thank you a thousand times for your kind words, Jonpaul!!!
My son recorded a short sequence (13 seconds)of the gig.
I did a screenshot, hope I can upload it here so people
can see how small some places are you have to perform
and you did a very very good job!!!

Really interesting venue last night in Hamburg—an old train station!
Amazing sound in there—some of the best we’ve had!

I’ve been using Lorenzo’s Quilter Tone Block 202 more lately and honestly, it’s sounding better than the Bassman 100. Damn! It just offers more punch and fine tuning of the eq, which, when using the single 15” is necessary. For the record, this tour is really confirming my personal preference for 12 inch speakers for bass. The 15 is generally just too muddy and emphasis on low end, rather than clarity, mids and punch.

The Typhoons had to cancel at the last minute, but at least one of the guys showed up and we had a good ‘ole time!

Now we head north into Denmark and re-connect with our old friends El Ray! Can’t wait!

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis

Also…..we’re playing 2 shows with The kilaueas! Hell yes!

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis

Copenhagen with El Ray was absolutely amazing! A highlight of the tour for sure!

Last night in a rainy small town in Sweden and tonight in Stockholm!

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis

JONPAUL wrote:

Copenhagen with El Ray was absolutely amazing! A highlight of the tour for sure!

Last night in a rainy small town in Sweden and tonight in Stockholm!

Love this poster!

Waikiki Makaki surf-rock band from Ukraine

New Single is out!

https://waikikimakaki.bandcamp.com/album/rhino-blues-full-contact-surf-single

Waikiki Makaki

https://linktr.ee/waikikimakaki

Lost Diver

https://lostdiver.bandcamp.com
https://soundcloud.com/vitaly-yakushin

Winding down…final show of the tour tonight in Köln. Had the best time on our two shows in Germany with The Kilaueas. They really are some of the best people on the planet! Much love!

Really enjoyed the sets from The Leonites and Pozor Vlak. Super cool to see Patrick and Sven from Bang! Mustang.

BUT!!! The biggest thrill was Muck and Jochen from The Space Rangers surprising the hell out of us and coming all the way from Ulm! Hadn’t seen those guys in years and it was SO good to catch up with them!

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis

Last edited: May 29, 2022 04:26:50

JONPAUL wrote:

Winding down…final show of the tour tonight in Köln...

Your gig in Cologne was really fantastic! Thanks for that

Last edited: May 28, 2022 19:15:23

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next