Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink Hi from the UK's south coast

Page 1 of 1

Hi, just thought I gonna introduce myself here. Been lurking for a while and I thought it's about time to make a profile.
I'm German but live in the UK on the South Coast nestled in between Southampton and Bournemouth.
My first contacts with surf music was an old Beach Boys tape that my parents had and that I played excessively because I dug the guitar sound so much. Embarassed I was only young back then although they're still a guilty pleasure of mine.
Eventually punk rock came around and later a transition from that to 60's garage rock and eventually surf music with its beautiful clean and reverb laden guitar sounds. Those sounds were something I was always striving for even when I was still deep into punk rock, I just didn't know any better then Laughing
Nowadays besides most of the first wave bands I enjoy music from Satan's Pilgrims, The Tormentos and The Volcanos, Jon & the Nightriders and many others.
As I started a more serious guitar playing journey a while ago I obviously practise very surf music centric. I will post some stuff on the gear forum soon including my pride and joy, one of the last Surfy Bear kits that was available.

Anyway, I wish you all a great day and surf's up

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021 17:05:12

Hi Tommy
Good to see UK dwellers on here.
J

Click here for Spira tunes

The Spiratones - Instro/Surf from the rain-soaked north-northwest of England

J_Durango wrote:

Hi Tommy
Good to see UK dwellers on here.
J

Hi J,
Yeah, you don't come across surf music fans very often here (at least I don't seem to), glad to see there are more.
Checked out your band too, pretty damn cool! I love Walnut whip and Summer noir (just alone the title is great)

Page 1 of 1