Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
328 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
256 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
256 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
175 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
154 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
122 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
116 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
77 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
10 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
10 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Quilter Mach 3

Page 1 of 1

Okay, who has played one of the new Quilter Mach 3 combos? I currently have a Fender Tone Master Twin Reverb. I really like it, but the Quilter appeals to me as something that might be able to cover more ground in addition to the Blackface setting. Thoughts on the amp and whether I’d be nuts to unload the Fender to pay for the Quilter?

Sean

That amp sounds great at all settings in this video. The only thing I can think of to make it even better, is if it were either a 2x12 or 2x10 with stereo loop inputs/outputs.

_

Hi, I'm Gellert, guitarist for The Fintastics.

https://www.facebook.com/TheFintastics

Yeah, that’s definitely a tempting video. I may need to order one and play it side by side with my TMTR and then either return the Quilter or sell the Fender. But on paper, the Quilter just seems to have more to offer for my basic needs.

Sean

CaptainSensible, I bought the Mach 3 head, and, and although I haven't had time to thoroughly put it through the paces, I am very impressed with it. My main reason for buying it was having the 6 voicings, and two separate channels. I like having the ability to switch between clean and dirt, or US and UK. You have the boost option on top of that. The 6 amp voicings are outstanding. You can switch between the two channels, or combine them, if you want. The headphone option is cool. I haven't yet tried the line out option, but reviews on the Quilter forums are positive. Like all Quilters, you don't have to worry about cranking it to hit the sweet spot. The active tone controls are something different, so setting them like you would on a regular amp will sound different. Even at maximum volume, the background hiss is minimal.

Not having played the Fender Tone Master series amps, I can't comment on playing through them, but I guarantee you that the Mach 3 is way more versatile. And unlike the Tonemasters, the Quilter amp voicings and power amp emulations are analog, not digital models. I think you would be very happy with the Mach 3.

Bob

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021 20:37:28

Thanks for that great input, Bob. I’m definitely leaning towards ordering one to try out next to my Fender. The Tone Master is a really nice amp but the digital aspect does give me some pause over the longterm. The Fender doesn’t seem like it would need “updates,” but it could well become obsolete at some point in terms of anyone working on them should some issue arise.

Sean

Page 1 of 1