Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » SurfGuitar101 Website »

Permalink The State of SG101 - News, Updates, Ideas for the Website itself

StickyNew Topic
Goto Page: Previous 1 213 14 15 16 17 18 Next

I feel that it would be best if I had a few a words with your bride to be, prior to the wedding. She needs to know the truth.

mj
bent playing for benter results
Do not attempt to adjust your TV set.
https://www.facebook.com/Bass-VI-Explorers-Club-179437279151035/
https://www.facebook.com/Lost-Planet-Shamen-366987463657230/

Cool

Some news:

Paypal changed something and for the last month or so your donation records have not been appearing on the website. I put in a fix on our side so if someone can make a donation to test that would be amazing. Also, thanks to everyone who donates.

Computing costs have dropped and this site is nowhere near the heyday it had 7 or 10 years ago so I am going to drop down to a smaller hosting plan to save some money. The site will be down for (I'm guessing) 20-30 minutes. I'm going to do this let's say Tuesday October 19th at noon CST.

I've dusted off my development laptop so I can hopefully get the calendar working again soon (fingers crossed). Again, sorry for the inconvenience, I've seen several people try to submit shows in the last month or two.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Thank you again for all you do here Brian.
I’ve been looking every day for the last couple months.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

This is till the first site I check each day. As Jeff said, thank you for everything you have done, and continue to do.

Rev

Canadian Surf

http://www.urbansurfkings.com/

I listened to one of your old SG101 podcasts, and I can hear in your voice how excited you are about Surf. (Wow voice dictation just capitalized that, maybe the world is catching on!) It is an honor to contribute to the site, and to be honest I see you as somewhat of a superman. I’ll make a test donation now.
Dan

Daniel Deathtide

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021 20:09:18

Thanks Daniel, looks like it's working again.

I'll see about updating the donations for those that didn't get on the site, at least the ones for October.

Reminder that in about 4 hours I'll be shutting down the site for hopefully 1/2 hour to resize the server instance.

Looks like we are back!

Brian wrote:

Looks like we are back!

The “Back” looks just like the “Front”. Smile

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

Hey everybody,

So after much thinking I've decided to keep the site going with the realization I don't have the time that I used to to keep it updated. That's ok, it seems to keep on trucking for the most part.

But lots of "bit rot" has occurred during the several year period where I basically didn't touch it. In order for me to do some basic updates I need to upgrade the operating system the server is running on. I'm doing research on this now and it is on my immediate radar of things to do. I'll announce when I'm going to do it. I'll need to take the site down and it may go just fine but it might mean an extended outage if things go really wrong.

Once the OS is upgraded I can start fixing some things, notably the calendar isn't working anymore. But I hope to slowly chip away and update all the software and to finally (!!!) get the forums to look decent on mobile devices.

Thanks for your patience and thank you so much for keeping the donations coming in. Otherwise I dunno what I would do. A special shout out to Dan DeathTide for a very generous donation that allowed me to upgrade my laptop I use to take care of the site.

More news to follow.

Thank you Brian for your love and care of this forum you created. Not only is it the definitive location for all things surf music related, it is also a fellowship that helped (and is helping) Vitaly and his family get to safety and a new life in Germany. May the donations not only continue to come in, but increase for all that you do!

Patrick

Thanks for everything you do, Brian! You rule!!!

Bob

Brian, it would be easy for you to have burn out and be ready to walk away. Many have sold the rights to a website and be done. As you probably know, there is no replacement for SG101. The love affair of the diehards are what keeps me coming back. New people pop in and leave with regularity. Thank you for all you have done since the beginning. I don't know of a better way to say how much this website has added to my love of instro surf since I found it back in 2011. Smile

Brian,
Thanks for the update. I'm honored to be counted among the SG101'ers.

SG101 has allowed me to reach out to so many cool people, hear so much great music, deepen my love for surf music and surf culture while shamelessly promote myself and various bands I've been in over the last 13 years. Your patience with all of us is truly appreciated and the platform you've given us is Heaven Sent! May 9th will be my 14 year anniversary. I hope SG101 goes another 14!!!! THANKS!!! Cool

Surfcat

2023 SG101 Compilation - Tribute to Noel
The Journey Home - Agent Octopus (Our SG101 Comp download)

From Atlantis with Love - Released - July 2023
Agent Octopus-Spotify
Christmas on the Beach - NEW SINGLE Dec 2023!!
Reverb Galaxy - Angle of Attack CD - BANDCAMP

Surf, the most dangerous of all musical genres...

Last edited: Mar 24, 2022 19:36:34

Huzzah!! Thanks Brian!! SG101!

Skins for The Delstroyers

Thank you all for the support!!

I'm going to try the OS upgrade tomorrow morning. The site will be down for a while. Fingers crossed it can come back up!

Brian wrote:

Thank you all for the support!!

I'm going to try the OS upgrade tomorrow morning. The site will be down for a while. Fingers crossed it can come back up!

Linux based?

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

Thank you Brian for all the work you do.
And for deciding to continue on with the site/forum.
I dunno what I would call the convention if the site went away.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I haven't been around much until lately for obvious reasons. Wish I had. Thank you for keeping SG101 up and running. There is so much history here it would be an irreplaceable loss if we lost it. Even more important, it brings people together over our love and appreciation for surf music in a way no other destination on the Internet can. Thank you!

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

Hey all -- the OS update was a disaster. Luckily I could restore from backup.

It seems like I'm going to have to approach this a different way... back to the drawing board.

Goto Page: Previous 1 213 14 15 16 17 18 Next