Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
363 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
149 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
96 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink **Thank you** for supporting Sound Of The Surf

LockNew Topic
Goto Page: Previous 1 2

This is really sad to hear. I spoke to Tom on a few occasions as a contributor to the movie, in panel discussions, and going back and forth over the last couple of years through Facebook, Facebook messenger and email. I certainly did not know him as well as some, but it was easy to see what a great guy he was very quickly. Rest in peace, and condolences from our family.

This was an eye opener. I have been so looking forward to the release for a long time. The phrase "time waits for no man" comes to mind. My sympathies to the family and best wishes to whom every finishes this project. What sad news. Cry

This is crushing news. On one hand, I'm sure he would love for this movie to see daylight, but it'll sure be bittersweet when that day comes knowing he won't get to see it.

Storm Surge of Reverb: Surf & Instro Radio

I've been getting a number of Facebook PMs lately asking about "Sound of The Surf," so I thought I'd post this update, although there's not much to relate just yet.

After giving Tom's wife as much time as possible to get on the backside of this, we've finally connected. A meeting is scheduled for next week. Tom had managed to get the film into a "locked edit" state, which is good...95% of the way home. The soundtrack is not locked at this point, so there is still some work to do on that. I'm hoping that, once we have a pretty good idea of where Tom left off and what still needs to be done to arrive at a final DVD product, we can forge ahead as quickly as possible.

No promises except that I will try hard to honor Tom's vision for this film and do what I can to get it finished!!

www.johnblair.us
www.soundofthesurf.com

John, I wish you and everyone involved the best of luck with all the unforseen roadblocks. I have had several poor crowdfunding experiences but I donated to this because I really believed in the concept and wanted to see it completed. This has become a sad story that I hope becomes a glorious success. There's no one that comes to mind that could do a better job of completing this. Here's to the surf and music gods helping you get this completed. Smile

Boy, I sure hope this sees the light of day. I've known about this since its beginning, and I know many people involved, both in front, and behind the camera. This, to me seems like the ultimate first wave surf music documentary. I'd hate to see all the hard work put in by so many go by the wayside.

Please keep us updated John Blair.

"You can't tell where you're going if you don't know where you've been"

Thanks for picking up the baton, John.

Storm Surge of Reverb: Surf & Instro Radio

Good to hear, considering the circumstances

Bump, for those that have missed this

Jeff(bigtikidude)

John wrote:

No promises except that I will try hard to honor Tom's vision for this film and do what I can to get it finished!!

I appreciate the daunting task you've undertaken, John, and I know you want to see Tom's dream realized.

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

Last edited: Mar 06, 2022 17:37:46

Good luck! This looks like a great project! As always, let us know how we can help.

Surfcat

2023 SG101 Compilation - Tribute to Noel
The Journey Home - Agent Octopus (Our SG101 Comp download)

From Atlantis with Love - Released - July 2023
Agent Octopus-Spotify
Christmas on the Beach - NEW SINGLE Dec 2023!!
Reverb Galaxy - Angle of Attack CD - BANDCAMP

Surf, the most dangerous of all musical genres...

Last edited: Mar 06, 2022 17:34:06

John asked me to lock this thread to reduce the number of threads around this project. Going forward please use this thread.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Goto Page: Previous 1 2