Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Videos »

Permalink Danube Waves (cover): another +100 year old tune we like that sounds cool in surf style

Page 1 of 1

For those who like waltz, you might be familiar with the original version of the tune. But 11 year old guitarist Mina Pang and her dad wanted to add a twist and decided to do a surf rock Jokers' version of Danube Waves. I found on wiki that the tune was composed by Iosif Ivanovici in 1880, and when it comes to Romania, Mina and I only know of this song and the Count. Of course you know which Count. That's why you see him making a guest appearance in the footage.

The Fender Jaguar will probably undergo a minor "surgery" soon and will be away from us for a while, so Mina thought it'd be a good idea to use it for the footage. We will miss it but hopefully, when it comes back, it will be even better and we will use it in live gigs more. We did, but only in the 1st half year when we bought it.

We had mass nucleic testing here for all 710K people 3 times in 2 months (so no need to go to work nor school) , and a tropical typhoon is here with so much rain. The whole city is being kind of dead so we stay at home and play some music. Hope you like it. Wink

this one I think...

Last edited: Oct 09, 2021 08:23:42

thanks! Forgot to include the link!!! ;)))

Hogfysshe wrote:

this one I think...

Great tune and well played.

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

Page 1 of 1