Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
323 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
149 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
111 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
72 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
5 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
5 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Videos »

Permalink Werner Brown and the Rocket Flames

Page 1 of 1

Rare footage of this obscure German Instro Band.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020 16:32:36

Very cool! I loved the Morricone cover!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Thanks for posting the video!

This was such a great concert and I am so glad, that after a full day of recording I still made myself go there. Especially since it turned out to be the last concert before the lockdown...

Anyway, I really enjoyed seeing this band. The guitar sound, the song selection and the arrangement/interplay was just great, and everybody had a good time. I think it was their first concert under this name, but I hope to hear more from them in the future.

We talked about filling up vs. using space in the contex of a trio: This is a lesson in how it's done! Smile

Here is the setlist:

Los Apollos - cinematic surf music trio (Berlin)
"Postcards from the Scrapyard" Vol. 1, 2 & 3 NOW available on various platforms!
"Chaos at the Lobster Lounge" available as LP and download on Surf Cookie Records!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020 01:44:12

Bump, because we briefly talked about Albatros by Fleetwood Mac and thumb picks in the video chat on Sunday.

"Postcards from the Scrapyard" Vol. 1, 2 & 3 NOW available on various platforms!
"Chaos at the Lobster Lounge" available as LP and download on Surf Cookie Records!

Minimalist guitar sound! I thoroughly enjoyed watching them go through the gears.. Thanks for the bump!

One of the last bands I saw before the shut down eventually became the first one I saw after things started to open up again. Plus I got to meet a few fellow surf music enthusiasts again (or for the first time in one case). It was just great! Smile

Page 1 of 1