Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
321 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
249 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
249 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
168 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
147 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
115 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
109 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
70 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
3 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
3 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » For Sale / Trade »

Permalink Wanted: Brownface Showman or Gomez Surfer amp (head only)

Goto Page: Previous 1 2

SixStringSurfer wrote:

Still in the market for a Gomez Surfer head or a brownface Showman. At this point, I would prefer a Gomez because it's newer. However, either one will work. I am also considering having a clone built. Having said that, I've been turned down by a couple of boutique amp builders (Milkman amps and Headstrong amps).

Try Carl's amps. He made me a 6g14 clone for around $2400, and IT FUCKIN RULES! His waiting list is like 6 months though, but if you want the earlier circuit, you can tell him you want one just like Dan Izen's!

Daniel Deathtide

Hi DeathTide, I thought I sent you a PM but I guess it didn’t go through. I saw your amp, looks nice and I bet it sounds great. Do you have any demos online? The only thing I am not crazy about is his faceplate, and badge that he uses. Anyway, I may email him and ask him about a 6G14 build.

MooreLoud.com - A tribute to Dick Dale.

Didn’t get a PM, but I’ll tell you the faceplate is what it is, per Carl. At the time he wasn’t able to change it. I removed his badge and the grillcloth is blank. I meant to do something but then somehow I stopped caring. Very out of character for me!

As far as a demo, I use two amps in all recordings so I’d have to make something new. But you don’t need it man, truly. Um, I’m going to publicly state that I will buy it off you if you don’t like it.

Dan

Daniel Deathtide

That craigslist chicago Showman head is a great great deal...

N0_Camping4U wrote:

too good a deal. my buddy is out of town or else he offered to go talk to the guy and try to pop out the chassis.

I agree that it is too good of a deal. Something just doesn't sound right.

N0_Camping4U wrote:

Last 6G14-A I bought was $1200. I thought it was a good deal, so I snapped it up.

Turns out it was listed on Facebook Marketplace only a week prior for $700 (!!!) If only... Anyhow, the flipper did all right, and so did I. Deals are out there for the patient.

SSIV

I have a Fender Studio Bass Amp I converted into a head. Blonde tolex + cream knobs. Killer amp, man. I use it with a tonering cab I built. Sounds so good. I use it when I don't want to take the real Brownface Showman head out. The Fender Studio Bass Amp has an active EQ on it; sounds pointless - but it's incredibly useful. I have the EQ set to the perfect setting for 'drip' tone. During a passage I will step on the EQ footswitch and go to a drip style. When it's time for chords/leads - I hit the footswitch and I'm back to another territory.

@Nocamping4u
Great choice, man, know exactly what you mean. Biggest bang for the bucks.
Enjoy yours. Cheers,
Andy

www.LosVenturas.be

Hi guys, I am in the process of talking with a boutique amp builder about a 6G14 clone. We have run into a problem right off the bat. He will be using a Mojotone Twin Reverb chassis, but the faceplate holes are way off.

He could make it work, but we need a template for a brownface showman faceplate. Does anyone have an old, blank, or off brand brownface Showman faceplate they would sell me? Either that, or if you know of a company that can make a proper spec plate. Thank you for your time.

Why use a Blackface Twin Reverb chassis when you can use this (look carefully at all the details and pictures):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Blonde-Twin-6G8A-Chassis-set-with-Metal-Plates-included-/124588761523?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Ran

The Scimitars

Last edited: Sep 03, 2021 18:43:25

SixStringSurfer wrote:

Possible deal in the works with "makaha" for a 2015 Gomez Makaha. Could somebody please tell me if I need an 8 ohm or a 4 ohm speaker in my new 1x15? Also, the Makaha/Surfer will not have a death cap, correct? I assume it will be modern, and have a 3 prong power cord as well. I may want to have a custom faceplate made for it. Is it a nightmare to remove the jewel light on the Gomez like it is on a Fender Reverb unit? Thank you in advance.

The Surfer Amp does have a death cap and ground switch. The power cord is 3 prong.

Just curious, why would a modern amp have a death cap? The 6G14 I am having built will not have one in it.

Goto Page: Previous 1 2