Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink cosmonaut's DIY thread

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

Received a warmoth neck for a fender xii tribute guitar. Ebony fingerboard on maple neck. I’ll be cutting the body myself sometime before the end of the year. Thinking firemist or shoreline gold.

This will be an affordable player guitar with the less inspiring gotoh bridge. Novak XII pickups.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021 01:09:27

Finally got to stress test the princeton at full volume in an empty concert hall. It rips. Time to finish the cosmetics and we’re done.

Last edited: Aug 02, 2021 20:19:12

Gorgeous, and looks like a ton of fun, especially with the chance to test it full bore!

rfcii wrote:

Gorgeous, and looks like a ton of fun, especially with the chance to test it full bore!

removed the negative feedback and ran it on 10 for two
hours straight. had a flir camera on the transformer and power tubes the whole time. nice and stable. i love this circuit so much.

Apollo Lunar (reverb) Module

Picked up a pair of surfy pans and decided to make another 6g15 reverb unit, this time influenced by the lunar modules. chose black fiberboard for the circuit for some 2001 monolith vibes, with a few related aesthetic choices forthcoming.

-

Last edited: Mar 03, 2022 04:36:52

adding a compact convertible 1x15 tilt-back cabinet. choosing the right speaker will be tough.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021 16:21:33

5f10 Harvard

this is a delightful circuit. Very easy to build, aside from the chassis machining. I built this into a 5f2 chassis. No current sellers have chrome chassis. I went through 4 to find one that was just ‘reasonable’.

I made this for a very kind person on another forum. He’s doing the cab and speaker on his end, I’m just shipping the completed chassis.

gut shot. I had to wire the heaters low to fit the board in, but the noise floor is stupendously low.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2022 17:02:12

Shell Pink parts Telecaster - recently I inherited some guitar stuff. A LOT of budget parts and a few gems (enough for a telecaster!). Sold some of these inherited GFS bodies and picked up this equally cheap import alder body in shell pink. Need a neck, everything else is from the spare parts bins. Wilkinson compensated saddles, emerson pro 250k pots, tex-mex pickups for now.

edit: 3/03/22 set it up as a baritone for now with my subsonic neck. stringing it up today! have my eye on a normal tele roasted maple neck after I finish some more amps.

Last edited: Mar 03, 2022 17:21:33

Great stuff Cosmonaut, I really like your design style.

Any updates on the Apollo Lunar (reverb) Module?

Black_Bee_Tunes wrote:

Great stuff Cosmonaut, I really like your design style.

Any updates on the Apollo Lunar (reverb) Module?

thanks! I appreciate it. The circuit is built and ready: found an original gibbs pan, and have a surfy pan as well. I’m currently test printing some custom fabric crucial to the design. I‘ve also been designing different enclosures for it. I want to go with something a little different than a rectangular box, so I’m practicing different wood joints.

Playing this today. can't decide on a name or badge design for the cabinets. baritone tele, 2x10 ceramics (WGS and weber), 1x15 Neo Weber.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2022 14:21:57

AWESOME RIG!!!! I'm planning a 6g16 build and am completely rethinking the cosmetics after seeing this.

Black_Bee_Tunes wrote:

AWESOME RIG!!!! I'm planning a 6g16 build and am completely rethinking the cosmetics after seeing this.

I love the classic fender look, but I’m trying more and more different things to get away from it while still paying homage. I had some more crazy ideas for that lunar-themed reverb unit pushing it more toward space odyssey 2001, once I have some custom parts 3d printed i’ll update here.

can’t wait to see what you come up with!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2022 15:54:47

Oh DUDE that Tower is awesome!! I was following this when you were making it and I had my doubts, I’ll be honest. But after seeing that photo, it all makes sense. I just didn’t understand before. Brilliant work, inspiring!

Daniel Deathtide

DeathTide wrote:

Oh DUDE that Tower is awesome!! I was following this when you were making it and I had my doubts, I’ll be honest. But after seeing that photo, it all makes sense. I just didn’t understand before. Brilliant work, inspiring!

i dreamt this thing up in 2015 and HAD to finish as planned. I have a hard time completing anything, and this has helped my brain immensely. it was always meant to handle baritone or normal guitar. the cabs either do side by side tilt back or stack. i kinda like it stacked, tbh. it’s a lot
of blue, but whatever. i have other amps, and reverb units.

It plays VERY well in stereo with a ‘65 style black princeton, so guess what head i’m making next…

Last edited: Mar 27, 2022 16:03:15

today we convert the bullet mustang to vibrato. next we do something about those pickups….

Looking good! I love those little Mustangs. Despite the shallow body depth they're great for modding.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2022 17:36:13

Princeton-ish Reverb - switchable Midrange Pot, 3 way NFB switch, 4/8/16Ω impedence selector, bias test jacks, bias pot, switchable reverb dwell control, handmade poplar cabinet. Mercury transformers, NOS GE rectifier.

color palette:

drilled and staked the circuit board today! got some custom one of a kind grey board material from the (exceptionally skilled) Tungsten Amplifiers.

chassis is all drilled and populated:

underside:

Last edited: May 23, 2022 01:32:23

CLASSY!!! Looks Great!!!

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 Next