Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
322 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
116 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
4 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » For Sale / Trade »

Permalink For Sale: 97 oly white Japanese Jazzmaster - Tons of upgrades

Page 1 of 1

Hey SG101! Its time to thin the herd a little. Lots of stuff going up for sale soon.

But first up for sale is a guitar that was my baby for a long time: 1997 Olympic White CIJ Jazzmaster with a ton of upgrades.

The 90s JP JMs are considered super high quality, but then with all of the upgrades in it, it is an absolute beast of a JM.

I bought it in February 2014 from OSG regular HNB, and he said it was one of his favorite guitars ever (and he's owned dozens and dozens of guitars). It had a little wear and tear on it, and has picked up a little more, but considering this is a 24 year old guitar, its actually in excellent shape.

Pretty much the only original things are body, neck, neckplate, neck screws, and string tuners. Everything else has been upgraded:

• Rainville custom pickups (mixed magnets: Alnico 5 on the low stings and Alnico 2 on the high strings. Gives it a nice balanced tone that tames the highs and really brings out the reverb in the lows). Has AV65 pickup covers on them (hard to find in that color). Can throw in an extra set of AV65 pickups for an added $50

• Hand soldered with cloth wires and cork-sniffer components.

• I copper shielded the body but never finished shielding the pickguard. Should be easy to complete.

• AV65 solid shaft pots with AV65 Witch Hat knobs

• US Trem baseplate with StayTrem arm (aged white tip)

• Staytrem Bridge

• Spitifre tortoiseshell Pickguard dated 2015. Looks so nice!

As stated above, its a 24 year old guitar, so it has some dings and scratches and checking, and the body paint has aged into a nice creamy white. The neck has a couple dings too but nothing major. Body is a little heavy (common for the older JP models, I am told) but the neck is a perfect width that has been well played into a nice comfy smootheness.

This guitar has a lot of surf mojo as well:
- Kilaueas used it on tour
- Les Agamemnonz used it on tour
- Oleg from Messer Chups used it as backup on tour
- I played it many times in several surf bands over the years, including a gig with John Blair (where I received MANY compliments on this guitar's tone).

I would prefer not to ship it, so I am looking for a local buyer. But I can ship it if needed.

I am looking to get $1350 for this wonderful guitar. Another $90ish to ship it insured conus.

Can add in some more pickguards (including an aged mint Spitfire guard) for additional funds.

More photos available on request.

No trades. For sale only.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021 13:40:44

Page 1 of 1