Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
363 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
149 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Winfield Tsunami 6G15 clone

Page 1 of 1

Just thought I'd throw this out there (I have no affiliation with Winfield Amps) since folks around here always seem to be interested in reasonably priced 6G15 clones. I happened to be browsing the 'net when I went on the Winfield Amplification website and was surprised to see that Winfield makes a version of the classic Fender 6G15 standalone reverb tank called the "Tsunami". I've never owned a Winfield amp but from what I have read they have a very good reputation for well built good sounding handwired amps. As per the Winfield website: "This is a new 6G15 circuit. Long 3 Spring reverb tank, NOS 6K6GT old stock 12AT7 and 12AX7. Considering the high price of used Fender 6G15 reissues these days, I though $650.00 was a decent price for a "bootiki" hand wired version. Anybody out there have any experience with these?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020 10:22:28

None directly with his 6G15 clone, but I own four Winfield amps and have owned a couple of others, in the past. They are excellent. The Tremor amp is a Tweed Vibrolux with a couple of tweaks and has bias varying trem to die for. He’s a class act, all the way.

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

I own a Tsunami reverb unit, and after trying other units, there is NO COMPARISON! Winfield Thomas was a joy to deal with!
Drip on,
Curmudgeon

My first question is does it drip? There are oodles of clones and pedals now but not many actually get the wet drip from palm muting and either are clicky or not really surfy at all to my ears. The price looks great but I’d need something to show me the wetness and then I’d be all over it.

Peace to you, not on you

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021 07:03:40

Page 1 of 1