Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Fender Mustang Micro - impressions?

Page 1 of 1

Hi guys, I’m thinking about getting a Mustang Micro for a vacation in August. Does anyone here have one? If so, what are your thoughts. Saw that it had a spring reverb effect, which piqued my interest.

Thank you.

I want to hear Caravan with a drum solo.

I've had one for a couple months. While I think some of the reviews on YouTube have gone a bit overboard singing it's praises, it is very good and it pretty much stands head and shoulders above anything similar. The spring reverb effect sounds very natural w/o any of that digital funny business but does not get very deep and has no "drip" to speak of but it is useful and adds a nice spaciousness to your tone much like a decent real in amp spring pan (but one that can't go past 4). The vintage slapback echo is quite excellent but again, limited in range/adjustability and the vibrato/trem decent also. Not surprisingly, the Fender amp sims are quite good as are the lower gain Brit amps (AC 15/30,etc) but I did not care for the high gain metal type stuff (which is fine for me because that's not my thing anyway). It is also really small and plugs right into the output jack of your guitar (it literally is designed to work with any type of guitar).
Another great feature is that the Mustang Micro doesn't use batteries but instead can be easily and quickly charged up with a common phone charger. A charge typically lasts for 4 hrs. The one real weakness is the lack of an onboard tuner so make sure you take with a clip on headstock tuner. Otherwise, I think the Mustang Micro would be perfect to take on vacation or late night practice, etc.

Last edited: Jul 06, 2021 21:53:08

I have one and I love it. The only feature I wish it had is a noise gate. The clean tones have noticeable hiss when not playing anything or quiet passages. I want to use it live (for a gig) but the hiss is a deal breaker —

_

Hi, I'm Gellert, guitarist for The Fintastics.

https://www.facebook.com/TheFintastics

I've got a similar device, the NUX Mighty Plug, and I've been pleased with it over all. It's a useful practice device for when I can't use an amp, and it's got settings for 6 string and bass, as well as an acoustic simulator. It has a number of amp models and effects. One advantage over the Mustang Micro is that you control all the settings with a phone app via bluetooth.

Page 1 of 1