Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Peterson StroboStomp HD Screen Damage (facepalm alert)

Page 1 of 1

Of course, nowwwwwww I find out Peterson offers a screen protector via its Website for $9.99 shipped. And, no, the factory plastic covering over the screen (I had left it in place because why not?) afforded no impact protection.

The capo on the floor in the background is the implement of destruction. It fell ~30” from my music stand and scored a direct hit. Argh The tuner still functions fine—for now.

Moral of the story: protect your LCD screens. Also, gravity works. That is all. Carry on.

Trust me. The sharks are the least of our problems.

Ouch! I have one of those and I love it. Dang capos always lousing up the works!

Daniel Deathtide

DeathTide wrote:

Ouch! I have one of those and I love it. Dang capos always lousing up the works!

Indeed, DeathTide. I’d laid the capo on the stand when I was picking some surfgrass on my D-18 earlier In the day and had forgotten about it. I’m taking it as a sign.

UPDATE:

I received a new LCD cover with detailed instructions and color photos to guide me through the repair, in less than a week after having sent Peterson an email describing the damage (kudos to Sue Haslam, John Norris, and Peterson CS). I also ordered the screen protector.

Peterson did not charge me a cent for either nor for shipping. I fully expected to have to send my tuner in for repair, wait weeks, and pay enough to make damage that was wholly my fault painful enough that I would not repeat the mistake. Nope. “Here are the parts; this is how you fix it; let us know if you need help.” Awesome. 10 minutes later, my tuner was as good as new.

I would have bought another StroboStomp in a heartbeat if mine needed to be replaced for any reason, and that was before my experience with Peterson CS. Worth $139? Youbetcha.

Last edited: Jun 09, 2021 12:00:34

Thanks for the heads up, I bought the protector last week.

I just got one of these tuners (and love it), and left the factory plastic on thinking it was the same thing as the protector they sell. Thanks to this thread I know better, and am ordering one today!

Deal with reality, or reality will deal with you.

I’m ordering a second as a backup! And I guess screen protectors.

I’ve never had even close to this tuner’s performance with any other brand. I love it. Great to know they support their customers!

Daniel Deathtide

Glad things worked out for you.
Kudos to the folks over at Peterson for fantastic customer service.

DeathTide wrote:

I’m ordering a second as a backup! And I guess screen protectors.

I’ve never had even close to this tuner’s performance with any other brand. I love it. Great to know they support their customers!

Word.:agree:

I could get by without everything else on my pedal board, even my Milkman F-Stop--I would not like it, but I could do it if I had to. My StroboStompHD though? Might as well take away my guitar cable. lol GP&R, RM

Page 1 of 1