Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
327 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
255 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
255 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
175 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
153 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
122 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
115 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
76 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
9 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
9 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink Number of bands

Page 1 of 1

I've been looking at the play lists for shows such as Storm Surge of Reverb, Mark Malibu's show, Fiberglass Jungle and Day at the Beach podcasts. I'm pleasantly surprised to see the number of bands keeps growing. Even as financially unrewarding as being a surf band seems to be, the love of the music keeps it growing. Decades ago after the internet came to be, I was happy to find POP records, Deep Eddy records and some guy in Salt Lake City that were selling surf cd's. It has kept growing and got better and better. The diversity that has appeared has been wonderful. My thanks to all who have provided this to happen. Smile

This year, all of us were cut off from the rest of the world by the will of fate. And despite the fact that many quarantine measures are being lifted or have already been lifted, one way or another, many of us have not visited the sea this year. And so sometimes you want to bask in the southern sun, plunge into the warm sea, bury your feet in the hot white sand and not think about anything. I was introduced to the culture of surf rock at this time, as, say, the culture of Krunir singing - the flesh of the flesh of the pop culture of the United States, or rather, the west coast of this country. I really liked the small opportunity to disconnect from reality for at least a couple of minutes and feel like a dashing surfer or a simple vacationer with a glass of a refreshing cocktail from the sea bar in my hands. But I was haunted by the number 111. It scared me crazy, but my friend told me https://www.zodiacsigns-horoscope.com/angel-numbers/angel-number-111-meaning/ not to waste time and develop. I hope that you do not miss such signs of fate.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021 11:52:26

There were more surf albums put out in the single year of 2020 than in the whole decade of the 1980s. There is so much choice and so much good stuff. Surf is alive and as well as it's ever been.

There was only maybe 20 surf bands max in the 80s

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Page 1 of 1