Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Videos »

Permalink Secret Agent Man (cover): I better hurry before she turns 11

Page 1 of 1

It's been a while as my 10 year old lead guitarist is busy preparing for school, gigs and all. And I think it's really time for us to go back to our core music fun: surf tunes!!! Plus, I need to hurry up and finish all the surf songs we have learned before Mina turns 11 in June!!!

So here comes Secret Agent Man (cover) that Mina and I sometimes play in gigs and parties, but instead of singing "Secret agent man" in the chorus, we sing "happy birthday, man!", or "happy, Halloween!", depending on the occasion. I don't think the TV series really made it to this side of the world back then so many thought it's a new "happy birthday" song or a new "Halloween" song. Boy, I think I had many fooled. ;p

We are trying our new rig and we go back to one mic recording, as I was tipped off by an expert in terms of where to place the mic and what to do with the amps. Mina says hope you like the different solo she added to the song.

Awesome!! soooooo cool!! Trying to get my daughter to learn guitar or drums. but she wants to learn Violin and I'm okay with that cause it's something music....enjoy and keep rockin with your daughter PangPang

Lavabreath wrote:

Awesome!! soooooo cool!! Trying to get my daughter to learn guitar or drums. but she wants to learn Violin and I'm okay with that cause it's something music....enjoy and keep rockin with your daughter PangPang

Thank you, Lavabreath! Violin is cool too!!! Give your kid a little incentive. Who knows, maybe she will learn the violin PLUS jam with you with a guitar one day too!!! Wink

Nice work! I liked the improvised solo.

I grew up in that era, but I never recall actually seeing the program, even in the heartland of the US. Nonetheless, I knew the song, and knew it well. It was one of the first tunes I learned, when I was taking lessons at a local music store, although, for some reason, I was taught it in Dm.

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

That was very enjoyable, and looked like a lot of fun.
I dig the reverse headstock and reverse bridge pickup on your Strat.

Deal with reality, or reality will deal with you.

synchro wrote:

Nice work! I liked the improvised solo.

I grew up in that era, but I never recall actually seeing the program, even in the heartland of the US. Nonetheless, I knew the song, and knew it well. It was one of the first tunes I learned, when I was taking lessons at a local music store, although, for some reason, I was taught it in Dm.

So happy we hear some info about this song and another surf lover talking about it!!! It's not from her era at least but we dig the melody and think it's really cool...It's like instant love the first time we heard the song. Not to mention, it didn't sound that easy but the fingers (both mine and Mina's) just sort of followed the melody and moved along the fretboard with ease. It was a lot of fun playing this song. Big Grin Am glad you like her improvised solo.. I tell ya, after playing this solo piece, I realized she could play faster stuff, and it was the first song for her to do so back then. ;-)))

MichaelK7 wrote:

That was very enjoyable, and looked like a lot of fun.
I dig the reverse headstock and reverse bridge pickup on your Strat.

Thank you Michael! yes, I also love the reverse headstock. There is always a few who seem a bit confused to see the reverse head stock. A few have good eyes like you and noticed the pickups too. But in general, it's subtle but special enough to me. We think this strat sounds pretty good playing surf stuff too...But the jag sounds actually better playing rhythm...lead is alright.

Page 1 of 1