Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Surfy Industries introduces the Blossom Point 2.0

Page 1 of 1

Here we go, a new version of the Blossom Point.

The original Brownfacer is now a collectible item Smile signed by Bjorn inside! Already as you know we changed the name to "Blossom Point" and now, we have listened and evaluated and decided to bring these small updates to the unit.

The same great character pedal that basically transforms any piece of shit cold fake-sounding amp into a cool Brownface amp, warming up the sound, giving life to it, bringing energy and power. We have a bit more dynamic range in the Presence knob - still the core feature of the Brownface era. The pedal is also true-bypass, has a on/off button, +6db boost, input level adjustable in order to reduce the overdrive possibility due to hot pickups (for example).

Check it out. Already available at our web site and soon at all our dealers. Some have it already in stock.

Read further info at our web site www.surfyindustries.com

Hope you like it and if you have question do not hesitate to contact us. You know who we are. At least in this forum.

Lorenzo "Surfer Joe" Valdambrini
(www.surfmusic.net)

Last edited: Jan 04, 2021 12:45:54

Gotta ask...have you tried plugging this into your Showman? If so, what happens?

SSIV

LHR wrote:

Gotta ask...have you tried plugging this into your Showman? If so, what happens?

It's too fat, depending on the volume of course. Even on a Quilter could come to be too fat. It depends on the result you want to achieve. I have it on other solid state amps and it really works well. We are very happy of this products.

But it's too hard to explain, as said in previous posts. The effect is to "enlarge" the sound. Yes it does make it fat, but it's not all. The compression stage is fundamental.

(www.surfmusic.net)

Lorenzo,

Very interesting and unique product for sure!
Any chance the Drip switch will be available again soon?

Cheers,
Andy

www.LosVenturas.be

Well darn, I am in a quandary now. I have a collectible Brownfacer pedal, but I kind of want this new one. I certainly don't want to pay for two of them, maybe I should make a trade with someone. Anyway, thanks for listening to our feedback, and upgrading the unit!

MooreLoud.com - A tribute to Dick Dale.

SixStringSurfer wrote:

Well darn, I am in a quandary now. I have a collectible Brownfacer pedal, but I kind of want this new one. I certainly don't want to pay for two of them, maybe I should make a trade with someone. Anyway, thanks for listening to our feedback, and upgrading the unit!

We always listen, but also we always do what we want. And this time we wanted to listen more carefully SG101! SG101! SG101! Thanks for the message!

(www.surfmusic.net)

LosVenturas wrote:

Lorenzo,

Very interesting and unique product for sure!
Any chance the Drip switch will be available again soon?

Cheers,
Andy

Not too soon Andy, but we have a few left in US. Write Ted and arrange. The shipping to Belgium for you will only be $845. Totally cheap!

(www.surfmusic.net)

Lorenzo,
shipping costs will be A LOT, indeed, not to mention the import taxes...

I'm not in that hurry, so I'll wait and see.

Cheers,
Andy

www.LosVenturas.be

LosVenturas wrote:

Lorenzo,
shipping costs will be A LOT, indeed, not to mention the import taxes...

I'm not in that hurry, so I'll wait and see.

Cheers,
Andy

No I don’t think it would be so bad... we can check anyway
Write me an email...

(www.surfmusic.net)

I was just curious about the whole Blossom Point into a Quilter thing, so I googled that, in case someone had a demo up.

And turns out "Blossom Point" is a term used in quilting. so there go my targeted ads for a while...

Matt Heaton & the Electric Heaters
"Dick Dale meets Dennis Lehane"
http://www.heatonsurf.com

Hey Lorenzo! Would you put this after the reverb in a signal chain? I assume that would be closest to a traditional chain..

wipedoutnyc wrote:

Hey Lorenzo! Would you put this after the reverb in a signal chain? I assume that would be closest to a traditional chain..

Hi, this is the last thing before the amp. We think this is the best position for it.

(www.surfmusic.net)

surferjoemusic wrote:

wipedoutnyc wrote:

Hi, this is the last thing before the amp. We think this is the best position for it.

Nice, I may have to snag one of these at some point Dead Reverb

surferjoemusic wrote:

LHR wrote:

It's too fat, depending on the volume of course. Even on a Quilter could come to be too fat. It depends on the result you want to achieve. I have it on other solid state amps and it really works well. We are very happy of this products.

But it's too hard to explain, as said in previous posts. The effect is to "enlarge" the sound. Yes it does make it fat, but it's not all. The compression stage is fundamental.

I actually tried it with my Bandmaster 6g7 at a pretty low volume in my apartment, maybe at 4. I thought it sounded cool, but maybe that changes in a bigger context at higher volumes.

In the beginning was reverb

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj--qQ5WXp7SWDWcJJOjoow?sub_confirmation=1

Page 1 of 1