Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
363 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink Introductions! New Members Post Here

StickyNew Topic
Goto Page: Previous 1 248 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 Next

Hello and welcome to losdrigos, roytheodd, raylinds, Xavier_irvine, and MayTheFuzzBeWithYou! Very glad to have you as new members (or as old lurkers making yourselves known).

MayTheFuzz - What a wonderful introductory note. Great taste in music, great equipment, appropriate hobby and beneficial occupation, all in all, you seem like a nice fellow, notwithstanding the shout-out to Cthulhu Twisted Evil . I can definitely hear some surf influence in your guitar playing on TENTACULOVE. The Great Old Ones are pleased, but will be more pleased if you do a straight-up surf album.

Xavier - I've just spent a wonderful hour listening to Birdcage's album Wave Machine. You kind of slipped the bandcamp link in like an afterthought and the band name Birdcage doesn't exactly have a surfy vibe, but WOW, that is a POWERFUL album! I just bought it and I look forward to listening to it a lot more. Great work!

-Tim
MyYouTubeChannel
My Classic Instrumental Surf Music Timeline
SSS Agent #777

Thank you Danny, Noel and SilverFlash!

Well, Tentacula already started as my "solo" project - to make room for all my Surf-inspired tunes! But as you probably all know... with multiple individuals you get multiple influences and honestly with the little direction I gave - I'm very pleased with the results! Album#2 will get even darker and you'll hear way more Surf & Italo-Western sounds!
Also we can only initiate those rituals the way we sound right now! Wink Cthulhu needs some chants...
But hey, just yesterday I finally dared to update my Laptop and only to get the latest Garageband version! from 6.05. to 10.something... was quite something! So now I got some virtual drummers! Wink
So give me a fortnight to figure everything out - and you'll get my first Surf-single/album soon! Big Razz

TENTACULA: Garage-Psych-Heavy-Surf-Rock
Tentacula @ Bandcamp Tentacula @ Instagram Tentacula @ Facebook my gear collection @ instagram

Birdcage album on Bandcamp

OK OK! Loving this, Xavier. Snake Island is way fun. I first joined the site feeling like I was a lone eagle loving this sound and lo and behold, lots of great music from like minds of various persuasions. Constant new discoveries.

Squid From Madrid - New Single on Bandcamp
MB Website

Hey-o!

Trevor here, ex of the von Drats and Rocket XL-5, currently with the Champions of Justice. I've got an old account on here from the wayback days (TvD) but it's been a looong time since I've been back.

Welcome back, Trevor!

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

Hello, my name is Stu. I found this forum looking for info on reverb pans. I built a 6G15 recently and thought about trying some other pans in it (has a MOD pan now). After reading a couple of threads I'm more confused than ever. Uh-Oh

Welcome to sg101, Stu! Very glad you're here.

Greetings all.
Bing I am, and I am Bing.
MoAM brought me here but I think I'll stick around Smile Seems like a friendly corner of the webs

Hi everyone, Gus here. Big fan of old sounds from the 40-60s. Hoping to pick up some info about old Fender amps and music production. Cheers, looking forward to getting to know you all.

Howdy all! I'm a relatively new guitarist who recently discovered and fell in love with surf rock. I'm looking forward to seeing what I can learn from here!

wait whats a signature

Welcome new members!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Welcome to everyone who recently joined. Very glad you're here.

How rude of me, I just realized this topic exists !

So, I'm Jay Poisön, I'm from France, fell in love with surf music in my teens and recently released my first surf album. I come from metal / punk so it's uncharted territory for me but I'm having a blast.

I've been reading sg101 for years but never shared anything, so I figured it was time now that I'm playing proper surf music !

Fear The Bat People !

Hi, call me Mr B or Bent. I’m a bass player by nature, but lover of all things surf. Picked up an inexpensive Jazzmaster to help learn guitar by playing surf music!

Welcome to Jay and Mr. B. Very glad you joined SG101!

Thanks Noel, glad to be here!

Hello all!

I'm a new member and 1st time post-er. Been playing guitar since I was in my mid teens and am now in my late 50s. Loads of gigs and recording experience in all manner of genres, been into surf music since childhood and have recently fallen in love with the genre all over again.

I've been noodling around with playing tunes in a surf/spy style and have started recording some of my efforts.I don't have a particularly authentic surf set-up but do my best with a Boss digital 8-track, a digiverb reverb pedal and a Line 6 Pod 2.0.

Among my guitars are a Squier VM Jaguar, a Squier VM Mustang, and a Revelation BassVI. All three of which are featured on the recording I've linked to below.

My 1st surf style recording is available on Soundcloud here or there's a video version here.

Welcome Jet, got a kick out of your name. Cheers

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Hello. My name is David. I've been listening to surf music since High School. I do love the genre and have heard many cuts. I also am interested in making surf music. I currently own a Japanese Fender Jazzmaster, forget which year at the moment. And have some pedals and a decent practice amp. I'm also trying to start a new internet surf music stream. Which I'm calling Reverb Country Surf Radio, in partial homage to NSSR. Please listen hear if interested
https://streams.radiomast.io/station/79cbc866-483e-479b-a5cf-387854893ce3/player/widget?t=default&s=92082c70-753f-4d04-93f4-8f9a6ff309d8

I am looking to make it a more professional stream and expanding my playlist, even though the current one rocks a lot of cool Double Crown Records. I have social media and am going to get more engaged in using them. p.s. I have a lot of permissions to obtain and ripping to do, so yes I have A LOT more music to play. Thanks!

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=43139033

This is my Patreon. Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021 11:59:38

Goto Page: Previous 1 248 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 Next