Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
322 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
116 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
4 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink THE BELHARRAS surf music vinyl project PELEE Hawaiian goddess of lava

Page 1 of 1

Dear surf music community,

Hope you are doing fine in these crazy times!

We are "THE BELHARRAS" surf band from Bonn Germany and will soon release our second LP “PELEE“ as vinyl. The music and the artwork is mainly inspired by the atmosphere and myths from Hawaiian mythology and - of course - surf music. Some of you might know us already from our 1st LP or concerts we have played. Our new album will take you through a journey of a wild mix of creative surf music with a few homages to other well respected genres that influenced us for years such as Gypsy music or Flamenco.

If you are interested in our current campaign feel free to have a look, support us, or share this. Here is the link to our campaign

Feel free to check our music and activities on any channel:
Spotify
Facebook
Instagram:
Since we are quite new to this community it would be great to connect, so feel free to reach out to me if you want!

Thanks and best regards from Bonn!
Cheers!
Alex Belharra

Last edited: Nov 08, 2020 12:47:43

Oooh! Love the theme. I was the guy that won your first LP and your guys also sent me your first little demo. I am sorry I never really wrote up a review about it! You guys are incredible musicians and the recording is well done. I tend to like simpler music that is a little more punk than Jazz, but you guys have a great thing going. For a simpleton like me it takes a little bit of work to get into more complicated styles. The musicianship, vision, and composition is crazy impressive. I am excited to hear this new one! (Just pledged!)

EDIT: And here’s why I never win any popularity contests; I’ve never seen her name spelled that way. The truth is that goddess is sacred and you’re not even supposed to say her name. I am sure there are native Hawaiian chants for her though so I don’t think there’s anything wrong with musical tributes. But I have never seen her spelled with two Es. In Hawaiian that would indicate that there is an apostrophe between the vowels making it sort of a “Pel-eh eh” pronunciation. Like in the words Hawaii and Niihau.

Daniel Deathtide

Last edited: Nov 08, 2020 17:55:51

Hey Daniel, Thanks so much for your comments and your support!! Glad to get your feedback on our new LP as well! As you assumed we just want to express our musical tribute to the volcano- and Hawaiian- mythology theme. The name spelling is intended like this ;)
Alex

Page 1 of 1