Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
363 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
149 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink new American Professional II Jazzmaster

Page 1 of 1

Anyone have a chance to play one yet? I see a few stores have them but most places are doing a pre-order.

I'm not beholden to vintage specs so this has an appeal to me. 60-cycle hum did a demo/unboxing and looked pretty good. Some nice features.

I'm intrigued. they seem to have changed the vibrato which is the thing I like most about these guitars.

and the pickup tap function is odd.

I do love that miami blue and maple combo. been eyeing the strat in that finish.

60 Cycle Hum did a good job describing the vibrato design change... and then measures stuff.

From past me to future you

That's a legitimate design change on the trem. Looking forward to getting one in hand at some point.

Interesting. Hopefully the pickups are better than the Ultra series.

No American Pro II Jag Cry

-

Last edited: Feb 02, 2024 14:57:01

Tqi wrote:

On the plus side, that tailpiece will probably become an available spare in time.

Who's going to be the first one to stick one in a VM Jaguar?

i actually think it's great! the range is huge. i'll put one in my 60s lacquer the second I can buy one.

I live in the Phoenix Metro area so at some point one will show up in a store. Of course I'm sure there's a few up the road in Scottsdale at Fender HQ. The more I look at it, the features really appeal to me.

Still hoping a SG101'er can report on a test drive here soon.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020 13:15:10

I owned a JM only once, a red sparkle MIJ that I could never get to work quite right and sold on. That mercury finish (basically silverburst) has got me thirsting big time for one of these. When our current lockdown finishes (!) I'll go and try one out.

I bought one and love it. The panorama tremolo is really really nice and I like the rhythm circuit. Great tone from the pickups. Very comfortable to play. Came intonated almost perfect and stays in tune really well even with trem action. It has become my #1 player.

photo

Page 1 of 1