Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink "Waves of Care" -- 2018 SG101 Convention Compilation: A Benefit For MusiCares COVID-19 Relief

StickyNew Topic
Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3

I sent for 5 of these today.
i hope others will consider buying it as well.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Got mine yesterday. What a great release, and for a great cause. So many fabulous performances!

Rev

Canadian Surf

http://www.urbansurfkings.com/

I received my copy the other day and finally got to plug it in this morning. It exceeds my expectations in every respect - the quality of the engineering from top to bottom is superb, as are the performances! It'd be hard to pick standouts, they're all so good. I would like to know who the tenor sax player is, though...what a monster!

Tune in to Fiberglass Jungle to hear previews from this historic CD every week!

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis
Fiberglass Jungle - Surf Radio

Listened to this CD over the weekend. I must say I was deeply impressed by the engineering and mix. I'm not an expert by any means and my ears are missing (old age) mucho mid-range but everything, including the Bass, seems perfectly matched.

Kudos to Mark and John.

Sound of the Surf, the movie
Facebook SOTS

Last edited: Sep 09, 2020 17:13:41

Bump

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Just posted a review of this CD on SG101: https://surfguitar101.com/forums/topic/33221/

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

Just a reminder...

This can be purchased as a digital download OR a physical CD....

On BANDCAMP

At JOHN BLAIR'S WEBSITE (Where it can also be purchased as a package deal with the 2017 Live Surf Guitar 101 Convention CD Reverb Nation)

On eBay

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis
Fiberglass Jungle - Surf Radio

I’ve been hearing a lot of the songs on podcasts. But I finally had a chance to open mine and listen, 2 times on a trip down to San Diego yesterday. Amazing recording. And great to hear and remember parts of the show, as I’m usually running around doing things and talking to bands and fans at the event. I highly recommend getting this cd as it’s very collectable and of the highest quality.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Get it

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020 14:25:57

Jonpaul has created a nice little, short video slide show to illustrate the "Waves of Care" CD. Stand by....

www.johnblair.us
www.soundofthesurf.com

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020 14:34:52

Got yours yet?

https://youtu.be/s-FPvlnwLv0

(thanks for the slide show, Jonpaul)

www.johnblair.us
www.soundofthesurf.com

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020 14:35:13

Embedding it here!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Bump. Finally ordered mine.

-Tim
MyYouTubeChannel
My Classic Instrumental Surf Music Timeline
SSS Agent #777

Excellent CD, in constant rotation for this Royal Aces band guy!

Vintage Guitar magazine, January 2021 issue, just arrived. Thanks to Dan Forte for the review of "Waves of Care." Got yours? If not, please head over to www.johnblair.us.

www.johnblair.us
www.soundofthesurf.com

So great to get this kind of coverage! Good work to all involved.

Rev

Canadian Surf

http://www.urbansurfkings.com/

The "Waves of Care" CD was released last year at the peak of the Covid pandemic. All proceeds have gone to, and continue to go to, the MusiCares Covid-19 Relief Fund. This fund helps those in the music business who have been dramatically affected by the pandemic. While many parts of the world have "opened up" and live music is beginning to be experienced once again, new variants of the virus abound. It is NOT over and there is still a need to support the affected, and those who could still be affected, in the weeks and months ahead. And so....

Since copies of the "Waves of Care" CD are still available I've reduced the price. If you do not have a copy of this CD, now's the time. If you've already ordered a copy, please order more and give one to a friend (or to replace the one you've already worn out!!).

The "Waves of Care" CD is a compilation of bands that performed at the 2018 Surf Guitar 101 Convention in Torrance, California. There are three bonus tracks from bands that played the previous year at the Convention. 27 tracks total for 79+ minutes of amazing surf band performances that include Les Agamemnonz (France), Surfer Joe (Italy), Urban Surf Kings (Canada), the Tremolo Beer Gut (Denmark), and 11 bands from the US of A. Ask anyone who's heard this CD and they'll tell you to grab a copy before they're gone!!! Support MusiCares and support MUSIC!!!

Including postage, "Waves of Care" is now priced at $13 (US), $25 (Canada/Mexico), $26 (Europe), and $30 (Australia/Asia). Available at www.johnblair.us/giftshop.htm and on eBay. Digital downloads are still available at Bandcamp.

www.johnblair.us
www.soundofthesurf.com

Last edited: Apr 05, 2022 14:00:01

Bumping this thread to note that a few copies of the "Waves of Care" CD are still available at www.johnblair.us. And again, all proceeds go to the MusiCares Covid-19 Relief Fund. While so many have given up on masking, 6-foot separation, and staying away from large indoor gatherings, this pandemic is not over and it continues to impact musicians and live performances. MusiCares is a worthwhile organization (that even helped Paul Johnson during his battle with leukemia several years ago). If you don't have a copy of this CD, or want another copy, now's the time.

www.johnblair.us
www.soundofthesurf.com

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3