Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
322 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
4 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Re-gluing rubber pad to Ibanez 9-Series pedals

Page 1 of 1

I have an original AD9 delay I need to use for a quick gig Saturday - only two pedals vs. my pedalboard. Back when the AD9 was on my pedalboard, I took off the PVC rubber pad on the bottom to get better adhesion for the velcro, but now that it will be on the floor, need to put it back on.

Any suggestions on what to use? Don't want to use something that will melt 35 year old PVC...

thanks!

'65 Fender Tremolux, '74 Princeton; 77 Vibrolux Reverb; '81 Princeton Reverb
'65-66 Hilgen Basso Grande
Dr. Z MAZ 18 Jr. + 1x12 Cab
Various Telecasters and noise-making pedals
Farfisa Compact Duo

Sounds like a job for rubber cement. It's the stuff you apply to both pieces and let it dry 15 minutes...then press them together.

thanks Ben - I think you meant contact cement, which is what I'll get.

Farfisa Compact Duo

I was thinking good old Elmer's rubber cement since it seems like it might be just a temporary fix. It will stick fine for the gig but then you could remove it clean and easy if you want to go back to the velcro. Contact cement like Dap Weldwood would definitely be stronger if you're going to leave it Yes

Ben - thanks. The velcro is gone, so it's just the smooth metal on the bottom.

Not going back to velcro; I've switched over to Temple Audio's system on my board and for me it's great and can't see going back to velcro. My AD-9 and a Keeley-modded TS9 have been off the board for years and are part of my grab and go for quick gigs where the full pedalboard doesn't make sense, or for at home just wanting to put a pedal in front of an amp or keyboard.

I'll want to leave it, so wildwood it is...

Farfisa Compact Duo

I just did this with an old DOD Juice Box. I used 3M double sided adhesive, it worked great and I think what was used originally. This is what I ordered from Amazon: Sheet of 3M 9474LE 300LSE Super-Strong Double-Sided Adhesive/Adhesive Transfer Tape of Size 8" x 12".

Contact adhesive is not the same as rubber cement. Rubber cement fuses two rubber surfaces together, whereas contact adhesive is a solvent based glue.

I'd recommend Klebfest if you want a permanent glue, but Tortuga has the best idea to use a really strong self adhesive tape. Do some research because there are some very strong ones available that are as effective as glue. I used to use them for fixing rubber covers to cameras.

http://thewaterboarders.bandcamp.com/

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020 12:42:53

Page 1 of 1