Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
363 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Best-Of SG101 »

Permalink 2019 Surf Guitar 101 Convention,Sat.August 3rd,Alpine Village,(flyer added)guitar raffle item From Mel!

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

MelWaldorf wrote:

So great to catch up with old friends and make new ones at SG101 this year! Congrats to Don and Marcus on the guitar auctions - just ignore those top two strings and it'll be just like a super short scale bass!

Looking forward to seeing everyone next year and meeting all you who haven't been to a convention yet but are going to make it next year!

Good to see everyone again too.
I can't really speak for Marcus but most of us bass players started off playing guitar and somehow became enamored with the sound of thunder. We control the dancers. They move to our lines. All instruments are fun though. Love my bass sixes . VI.

Don't Fear the Reverb ! Grateful Surf ! SURFIN' Tiki Bandits !
I can be reached through the following or at don@donschott.com. :

www.donschott.com
www.eyerecords.com
www.dontfearreverb.com
www.kokopellistages.com

Had a great time! Trip from Nebraska was well worth it!! Kudos to the surf community...even my wife enjoyed herself Friday night .

Great reviews, keep them coming!

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Bump

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Lots of video posts from the past few years conventions on my FB page today.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009499076074

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Last edited: Aug 04, 2020 16:28:07

Rereading the now-locked thread about the first convention was really fun! Wow, 12 freakin' years ago! It seems like two! So much has happened since then, though...

If you all don't mind this self-indulgence Big Grin I thought I'd just point out that the short Madeira SoCal tour played a key role in the organnizing of the original convention! Very Happy That just makes me very happy to think about. Cheers Here are a few choice quotes from early '08:

Brian Neal wrote: "We can't please everyone. Sorry. The Madeira coming to SoCal seems like a "big thing" that would perhaps normally attract out-of-towners anyway. That's why I keep harping on that."

Jeff BTD wrote: "ok. Say we do it the weekend of when the Madeira and Aquasonics are here. Say we do the meet and greet and jam, and itty bitty sg101 convention on Saturday. I need to know where the Madeira and Aquasonincs are playing on Fri. and Sat. nite. to ensure that this will go down ok. If they or 1 of those bands are in San Diego one of those nights it might make plans for the Sat. day thing kinda hard. so I need a PM or email from Chris and Ivan with tentative schedules for their tour out here."

Jeff BTD wrote: "AND a ton of people said they would want the event to be when the Madeira is here. So I'm just doing what was asked."

Kiss SG101!

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

Ivan, I had read that whole thread sat nite.
lots of memories came back. Please post what you wrote above in a new thread. As it’s strange being at the end of this last years convention.
Maybe in this new thread I started

thoughts, memories and comments about the past 12 years of
SG101 conventions
https://surfguitar101.com/forums/topic/33140/?page=1#p439361

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020 12:59:39

Thumbs Up

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook