Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
321 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
249 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
249 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
169 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
147 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
115 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
109 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
70 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
3 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
3 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Reissue Fender 6G15 noise

Page 1 of 1

Hi, long time no post here on the forums. Getting back into surf guitar lately and took out my ol' reissue blonde 6G15. I had to replace the original reverb pan for a new one (forgot what kind) because something went wrong with the old one and was not producing any sound.

Anyways, recently I found that I am getting a hi clipping noise when I play my Kurokumo Mosrite Mark 1 with tone and dwell on the 6G15 up high. I remember this not happening before ( but that was before I owned a Mosrite).

What I would like to ask is, is this normal and I am just not operating the 6G15 properly and my Mosrite is overdriving the circuit? Or is there a problem with my 6G15.

I have provided a link with a audio sample of the problem.
6G15 Noise Sample

Thanks a lot in advance!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020 03:45:34

picure wrote:

Hi, long time no post here on the forums. Getting back into surf guitar lately and took out my ol' reissue blonde 6G15. I had to replace the original reverb pan for a new one (forgot what kind) because something went wrong with the old one and was not producing any sound.

Anyways, recently I found that I am getting a hi clipping noise when I play my Kurokumo Mosrite Mark 1 with tone and dwell on the 6G15 up high. I remember this not happening before ( but that was before I owned a Mosrite).

What I would like to ask is, is this normal and I am just not operating the 6G15 properly and my Mosrite is overdriving the circuit? Or is there a problem with my 6G15.

I have provided a link with a audio sample of the problem.
6G15 Noise Sample

Thanks a lot in advance!

That is definitely not normal. It could be as simple as a tube acting up. If you have access to another 6V6 you could safely swap it and see what happens. Likewise for the other tubes, but as a simple measure, the power section tube would be the most likely to go.

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

Thanks a lot synchro! Ill get new tubes and switch them out and post the results here.

picure wrote:

Thanks a lot synchro! Ill get new tubes and switch them out and post the results here.

Hopefully, that will do the trick. Keep me posted. I’m interested in seeing how this resolves.

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

Page 1 of 1