Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
319 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
247 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
247 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
167 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
145 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
113 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
107 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
68 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
20 hours ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
20 hours ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Videos »

Permalink Young surf female guitarist jamming Bulldog with dad

Page 1 of 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V0YI4AZiLM

Found a footage of my daughter (9 year old then last year) gigging with me for an Orbis charity event playing Bulldog by the Ventures. I just realized Mina might be one of the youngest surf music lovers among us here. She mostly does lead guitar so Bulldog is one of the few songs she does and plays the rhythm guitar. Don't know about what it's like in other different cities. We have quite a few more matured very friendly people coming up to us, telling us they are happy to see young people (including me too I hope) playing surf music still, while we have younger friendly people coming up to us, asking us what kind of new music that is that we play. hahaha

Hope you like the video clip. I hope you like the big smile we have on our faces too. ;-))) Cheers and happy August!

Awesome! Congrats and very cool! I was super happy the day my oldest daughter wanted a guitar, and lent her my MIM strat and my Princeton for her to learn on, and after 6 months of lessons bought her a 50's MIM strat. She also now has my acoustic Yamaha.

Our younger daughter has been a piano player since 8, but took up bass lessons 3 years ago and was already playing Barracuda last year - she now has taken my MIM Jazz bass, but is also still playing the piano, my synth, and now back out of storage my Farfisa Compact Duo.

Getting to play music with your kids is a blast! Glad you're able to do this and enjoy!

'65 Fender Tremolux, '74 Princeton; '80 Princeton Reverb
Dr. Z MAZ 18 Jr. + 1x12 Cab
Various Telecasters and noise-making pedals
Farfisa Compact Duo

nedorama wrote:

Awesome! Congrats and very cool! I was super happy the day my oldest daughter wanted a guitar, and lent her my MIM strat and my Princeton for her to learn on, and after 6 months of lessons bought her a 50's MIM strat. She also now has my acoustic Yamaha.

Our younger daughter has been a piano player since 8, but took up bass lessons 3 years ago and was already playing Barracuda last year - she now has taken my MIM Jazz bass, but is also still playing the piano, my synth, and now back out of storage my Farfisa Compact Duo.

Getting to play music with your kids is a blast! Glad you're able to do this and enjoy!

It sure is a blast!!!! Have fun with the kids and enjoy it!!!! So, Barracuda~! Nice... Smile

Very nice technique and ease of playing!

Surfcat

2023 SG101 Compilation - Tribute to Noel
The Journey Home - Agent Octopus (Our SG101 Comp download)

From Atlantis with Love - Released - July 2023
Agent Octopus-Spotify
Christmas on the Beach - NEW SINGLE Dec 2023!!
Reverb Galaxy - Angle of Attack CD - BANDCAMP

Surf, the most dangerous of all musical genres...

Nice and good to hear a Paul Reed Smith in surfing mode..... play on my friend

Happy Sunsets!

ArtS wrote:

Very nice technique and ease of playing!

Tiring for a little kid but good training I guess!!! No finger-cramping yet Laughing

tahitijack wrote:

Nice and good to hear a Paul Reed Smith in surfing mode..... play on my friend

I hope it's acceptable to use a PRS to play surf tunes. I have seen renouned surf players using it in Japan (but we don't live there). Mina finds that its playability is very high, and the sound seems good and right as we use an Oceans 11 or Surf Rider pedal anyway. Besides, it's more affordable and easily available when comparing to a Mosrite. The closest place where we can get a re-issue is from japan, and the price is in custom-shop range...

I have to work hard and save up money. ;p

Cheers!

PangPang I see your Nokie chops and your PRS sounds like Nokie's Mosrite. As I listen I keep expecting to see the Ventures on the video.

Mina smiles more playing rhythm than lead. Again she plays high on the neck where the frets are closer together and left arm extension is less. The guitar looks almost as big as she is.

There's a notable difference between Nokie's/Ventures rock interpretation of Bulldog and the original surfy recording by George Tomsco/Fireballs. They feel like different songs.

Insanitizers! http://www.insanitizers.com

Squid wrote:

PangPang I see your Nokie chops and your PRS sounds like Nokie's Mosrite. As I listen I keep expecting to see the Ventures on the video.

Mina smiles more playing rhythm than lead. Again she plays high on the neck where the frets are closer together and left arm extension is less. The guitar looks almost as big as she is.

There's a notable difference between Nokie's/Ventures rock interpretation of Bulldog and the original surfy recording by George Tomsco/Fireballs. They feel like different songs.

Oh, kind words from a serious surf player like you is really encouraging. Mina and I like The Ventures, especially Nokie a lot. But some of the stuff that Nokia did, dad (me) doesn't know how still so we often sit together and try to figure things out sometimes by only listening over and over again, just like when the cassette players were still around. But it's true, Nokie was (is) inspiring and has helped her a lot.

And that smile she has now, she had been working on it like for months before she could play and smile at the same time. No kidding. Not easy at the very beginning ;)))

Cheers!

Page 1 of 1