Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Videos »

Permalink Our Eastwood mosrite styled guitar debut - Driving Guitar

Page 1 of 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xy6stuzL_w

I can't afford nor locate a real McCoy Mosrite yet but this Eastwood mosrite styled guitar I came across (even getting one of these at where I am is not easy at all) plays exceptionally well! My daughter asked the luthier to put on 11 gauge strings and wanted medium action. The luthier was skeptical about her bending with 11 guage strings and all. Mina thought it'd sound better and i agreed. i think she has better ears than i do. ;p

Hope you will enjoy the video.

Stay healthy and safe!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020 13:03:07

That's wonderful! The Eastwoods are cool guitars, but it's the performance that steals the show.

Neptune Trojans

She must have fabulous grip in her fingers. Smile Way cool. Smile

So cool! Hey Mr. Pang - what got her into playing surf? Just curious.

Daniel Deathtide

Thanks for your kind words. Smile We are very happy with the Eastwood guitar. I was skeptical cos I had not even played nor seen one in person the past. We were very pleased with it. So we will gig with the Eastwood along with our jag and strat...oh, the PRS too, when we play surf. But we mostly play surf.

cheers!

BrentD wrote:

That's wonderful! The Eastwoods are cool guitars, but it's the performance that steals the show.

I must say not bad for a 10 year old kid. Wink It'd be hard for kids to just play the guitar sometimes at the beginning. I remember one day i drove her to school, she said, "dad, my fingers don't hurt no more!". That was 10 days after she started trying to play.

wfoguy wrote:

She must have fabulous grip in her fingers. Smile Way cool. Smile

Hi, DeathTide,

I must say the answer is, dad. Where I come from, surf is almost never played after the 70s. But i have always loved it yet I didn't even know it was called surf, until one day recently, i came across the song "Mr. Moto". That's how the passion all started again.

We don't sing well and it was good for us to gig at different places cos we do instrumental mostly. My girl just wanted to join dad so that's how we started. She knows I am happy that she joins me playing the guitar.

I tell ya, people in my city think this is like a new kind of music and many love it! Only they didn't know that Mina and I are doing retro stuff only. Hahaha! ;ppp

DeathTide wrote:

So cool! Hey Mr. Pang - what got her into playing surf? Just curious.

This is so cool! She is off to a great start! Its great to see young people keeping the surf torch burning.

I hope when she grows up, she will start a club here in the city one day to promote surf music!

Cheers!

Ray Wink

raylinds wrote:

This is so cool! She is off to a great start! Its great to see young people keeping the surf torch burning.

That’s a great video. It really does my heart good to see children with a serious interest in music. It’s a wonderful activity for children, and it will stay with them for life.

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

yap, it's a very good experience for kids. She performed one time at school, and after that, no one bullies her and everyone wants to be her friend. Ofc, it's a good chance for me to teach her how to be humble and modest. :p

synchro wrote:

That’s a great video. It really does my heart good to see children with a serious interest in music. It’s a wonderful activity for children, and it will stay with them for life.

And what about a matching guitar for dad? Would be a fun look. This is all kinds of good.

Squid From Madrid - New Single on Bandcamp
MB Website

That'd be nice. But have to wait and see when I come across another Mosrite styled guitar. Wink They have some pretty good ones I found in Japan but they go for like USD$3,500 a pop. It is pretty much a custom-shop thing. Wink

martinblasick wrote:

And what about a matching guitar for dad? Would be a fun look. This is all kinds of good.

Page 1 of 1