Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink The New Guy...

Page 1 of 1

Howdy, folks. I'm new here, but I've been lurking for a while. Seems like a great, tight-knit, well-moderated community, and I'm excited to be here!

I'm tgbtce (short for The Greg Brady Tiki Curse Explosion, the name of the budding surf/exotica rock/quasi-punk experiment I'm working on). I've been playing guitar for about 35 years, with experiences ranging from small lightly-gigging bands to noodling in the basement to having students once upon a time to going through every conceivable musical phase/taste combination known to man. The one thru-line, however, has always been surf music. That drippy reverb...those haunting tones and melodies...I've been hooked since I was a nipper.

Anyway, I hope this finds you all safe and healthy in these truly weird times. Happy to be here, and let me know if you have any questions!

The Greg Brady Tiki Curse Explosion

Your project sounds awesome!!!! I’m looking forward to hearing it. A traditional band, home style, or this new Internet Band thing?

I have a deep love for exotica and lounge. Esquivel is um, kind of a god. I have a bunch of LP comps with some insane exotica weirdness. But they don’t use enough surf guitar!

Dan

Daniel Deathtide

Welcome and best of luck with your project- it sounds great. I think exotica and surf is a great combination and am working on some surf versions of Arthur Lyman, Martin Denny and Esquivel tunes, myself. I would be interested in hearing your results.

raylinds wrote:

Welcome and best of luck with your project- it sounds great. I think exotica and surf is a great combination and am working on some surf versions of Arthur Lyman, Martin Denny and Esquivel tunes, myself. I would be interested in hearing your results.

GASP! COOL! Standing by.

Daniel Deathtide

Welcome, glad you joined SG101. What a name for a band! Big Grin

MooreLoud.com - A tribute to Dick Dale.

DeathTide wrote:

Your project sounds awesome!!!! I’m looking forward to hearing it. A traditional band, home style, or this new Internet Band thing?

I have a deep love for exotica and lounge. Esquivel is um, kind of a god. I have a bunch of LP comps with some insane exotica weirdness. But they don’t use enough surf guitar!

Dan

Definitely an internet band type of thing; I intend on playing all of the instruments myself, with a few exceptions, which I'll farm out as individual parts (as much as I want one, I just don't have a Theremin, for example). I'm in the process of writing a few pieces, and laying out some test tracks. My intention is to make it fairly primitive...

SixStringSurfer wrote:

Welcome, glad you joined SG101. What a name for a band! Big Grin

Thank you! Smile Yeah, I've been sitting on that band/project name for a looooong time, man. It started life as a different project many years ago, called Bleach Pizza, but it's gone a different direction. Smile

Welcome welcome. You’re in good company. I used to think I was a rare breed having similar taste only to discover many kindred spirits here. The more the merrier.

I totally forgot about the Brady Bunch trip to Hawaii. Great tiki connection!

Squid From Madrid - New Single on Bandcamp
MB Website

Page 1 of 1