Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
322 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
4 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink Introductions! New Members Post Here

StickyNew Topic
Goto Page: Previous 1 247 48 49 50 5155 56 Next

Brian wrote:

Does this mean Wannes is playing surf again?

Don't tell him I said so ;)

Surfin’ Europe - Surf gigs in Europe
The Malbehavers – Instrumental Surf Music from Tilburg (NL)

Give Wannes a big SG101 hug for us

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

DannySnyder wrote:

Hi Danny, will do! We have a gig this Sunday (shameless plug).

Btw. you and I've met at Surfer Joe 2017 and in Venlo (NL) shortly after that. I hope you're doing well Cheers

Welcome to sg101! Glad you're here.

Chris_in_Idaho wrote:

Hi everyone, I've been lurking for a couple of years and finally posted. When I was a kid learning guitar I "borrowed" a "Surfin Hits" CD from my sister and played through it daily. As I got better I moved on to other genres, and fast forward a little over 20 years and I rediscovered instrumental surf and how fun it is.
Thanks in advance for all of my questions you're all going to have to put up with!

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

SabedLeepski wrote:

DannySnyder wrote:

Hi Danny, will do! We have a gig this Sunday (shameless plug).

Btw. you and I've met at Surfer Joe 2017 and in Venlo (NL) shortly after that. I hope you're doing well Cheers

I think I remember meeting you, but it's a bit of a blur now. Best of luck with band Sabed!

Danny Snyder

_

Last edited: Jan 09, 2020 17:35:24

DannySnyder wrote:

I think I remember meeting you, but it's a bit of a blur now. Best of luck with band Sabed!

Thanks!

I go by the monicker "DoC" usually. I remember the tv series 'Dr Kildare' so you can tell how old I am.

I'm from the UK, Derbyshire - virtually smack in the middle of this country that is rapidly going down the tubes due to Brexit! (guess which side of that argument I sit lol?)

Anyway, hi y'all.

"Don't Fear The Reaper!"

d0C_KiLDaRe wrote:

I go by the monicker "DoC" usually. I remember the tv series 'Dr Kildare' so you can tell how old I am.

I'm from the UK, Derbyshire - virtually smack in the middle of this country that is rapidly going down the tubes due to Brexit! (guess which side of that argument I sit lol?)

Anyway, hi y'all.

I remember Dr. Kildare as well. Welcome to SG101! Glad you're here.

Hello everyone,

I just realized that I wrote a couple of posts in the past without introducing myself before !
I am Filo, Italian from France, guitar player for a brand new surf trio called Los Atarrayas, nice to meet you. Smile
We will be releasing our first EP in the next few days, I'll write a short post in the News section when the time comes ! Big Grin

Surf's up !!!

Filo

Los Atarrayas on Bandcamp
Los Atarrayas on Facebook
Los Atarrayas on YouTube

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020 12:03:19

Hi filooo and dOC, Welcome to SurfGuitar101. Glad you are here.

Good luck with your EP release, filooo.

-Tim
MyYouTubeChannel
My Classic Instrumental Surf Music Timeline
SSS Agent #777

Thank you SilverFlash !

Filo

Los Atarrayas on Bandcamp
Los Atarrayas on Facebook
Los Atarrayas on YouTube

Hi everyone, I'm Rafko from Italy. I play guitar in Los Drigos and I've been following this forum for a couple of years. Lately, because of the covid lockdown, I have more time to stay online so I decided to introduce myself here.
I discovered the surf world when I joined Los Drigos in 2016 and even if I am more into alternative rock and shoegaze I really dig jazzmaster and spring reverb with vintage saggy tones so I started melting together all my influences to create something new.

That’s it!

Thanks for all the info and knowledge you share here.

http://www.losdrigos.com

My name is Roy and I'm a long time fan of surf music. I was introduced to the genre as a teenager when me and a pal drove out to The Palamino in North Hollywood to see The Insect Surfers open for The Ventures. Even though my fandom goes back far I spent most of the years between then and now by not listening to enough surf guitar. I'm making up for lost time now. In this era of subscription streaming and Bandcamp I'm discovering a ton of stuff, both old and new. I've started collecting vinyl and CDs for those tunes I can't find online. Just before the pandemic I started attending live music in Los Angeles again and I'll get back to it just as soon as it's over and feels safe. I know that this site is mostly visited by musicians, but I'm just a fan. Consider me to be your target audience.

Last edited: May 12, 2020 16:31:15

Hi Roy. I've been getting into the Insect Surfers for the first time just this year. Welcome my friend. It's absolutely lovely to have a music lover (rather than musician) on here.

Squid From Madrid - New Single on Bandcamp
MB Website

Been lurking for some time now and decided it was time to introduce myself. I have been a big fan of 60s guitar instrumental music since I was a kid. I enjoy spaghetti western and spy music, but especially surf. I have been fortunate enough to see Dick Dale and The Ventures several times. I am a guitar player, but not very advanced. I live on Candlewood Lake in Danbury Connecticut.

I am also into exotica and recently have been working on surf/exotica songs like Tabou by The Jokers and Quiet Village by The Astronauts.

I am also into Tiki and have built a good sized Tiki bar overlooking the lake.

I have pretty eclectic taste in music and besides playing surf SW and spy guitar, I also play blues, jazz and classical guitar.

HI All,

I'm Xavier from Melbourne, Australia. I've come across this forum a few times when searching for info about guitars and other gear, but this is my first time posting.
I play guitar in a band called Birdcage and we just released our second album.

I've always had very eclectic musical tastes, played in several extreme-metal bands down here in Australia until around 2010.
I've always had a deep fascination with loud, clean, electric guitar tones but I was particularly taken by the proto-punk attitude of the Ventures "Live in Japan '65" recordings. I started Birdcage in 2013, and we've been playing instrumental guitar music ever since.

Your text to link here...

Last edited: Jun 09, 2020 07:27:41

xavier_irvine wrote:

HI All,

I'm Xavier from Melbourne, Australia. I've come across this forum a few times when searching for info about guitars and other gear, but this is my first time posting.
I play guitar in a band called Birdcage and we just released our second album.

I've always had very eclectic musical tastes, played in several extreme-metal bands down here in Australia until around 2010.
I've always had a deep fascination with loud, clean, electric guitar tones but I was particularly taken by the proto-punk attitude of the Ventures "Live in Japan '65" recordings. I started Birdcage in 2013, and we've been playing instrumental guitar music ever since.

https://the-birdcage.bandcamp.com/

Greetings fellow Surf-Rockers!

Long time occasional lurker finally made the next big step - so hello! Glad to meet you all!
I'm Markus a landlocked Surfer from Austria.
12 years ago I wrote about surf music in my A-level's English-exam and today I'm more into surf music than ever.

Well, more precisely I love the darker and heavier surf stuff! (And the cheerful ones not so much...) e.g. I love the Langhorns, Dick Dale, the Bambi Molesters, Link Wray, the Messer Chups, Satan's Pilgrims and their likes.
But I also have great love for (Neo-)Garage and Psychedelic music - and with my band TENTACULA we (do not only praise Cthulhu but also) try to mix Surf and exotic elements with Garage, Psych and hell yeah, even Doom. This may sound crazy to you and it took me quite some time to figure it out - but now I love it! So definitely lots of Fuzz and Twang in our sound. And yes, also vocals! Wink We released our debut "Tentaculove" last year on Vinyl and CD.

My main guitar (since 2015) is a modded Fender Thinline Jaguar - which recently got some company: a custom made Firemist Silver double bound/block inlay Jazzmaster (from Rexter) with the striking name "Liquid THUNDER" which is both a song from us and my vivid description for waves - it also fits the colour; a Squier VM Jaguar that I only bought to fit the GFS Surf90 pickups I had laying around (were in the Thinline before); an Eastwood Sidejack Deluxe (Mosrite style) that was my first backup guitar - but I seem to never break strings - so only my colleague played it live - and most recently a week or two ago an old HSIN MI (that looks quite similar to a Teisco Spectrum).

My main live amp is a Fender Supersonic 60 head (blonde/oxblood with matching cabs (1x15, 2x12 and if need be 4x12 but I prefer the other two together)), and for home use: a Fender Dripedge Bandmaster from 1967-8 with a 2x15 Bassman cab and a Fender Vaporizer (love them together - so guitar into input one out from input two to the Vaporizer - gives you sweet trem and reverb).

What else to say... I'm an occupational therapist and on the way to becoming an Osteopath, I also love actual surfing - but due to that pandemic the sea got to wait (gladly the biggest river wave of Europe just opened a few weeks back - so I may souse my wetsuit there from time to time over the summer.) I love to travel and to listen to music (live if possible, vinyl is okay too).

I'm here to learn something about guitars, amps, sounds, recording- and playing techniques and also for exchanging ideas, discovering new music and maybe even creating some bonds to get some exchange-shows for our bands, etc.

So thank you for having me!

TENTACULA: Garage-Psych-Heavy-Surf-Rock
Tentacula @ Bandcamp Tentacula @ Instagram Tentacula @ Facebook my gear collection @ instagram

Welcome to the forum Markus, glad to have you Cheers

Danny Snyder

_

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020 17:28:26

So many new members! Welcome to sg101, everyone. Very glad you're here!

Goto Page: Previous 1 247 48 49 50 5155 56 Next